View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad
Default Oakridge Black Ops Brisket

I was one of the lucky recipients of the Black Ops brisket rub that Oakridge BBQ gave out, and I happened to have a packer in the freezer that was begging to be smoked. Started out as a 14 lb choice, trimmed and injected over night. The morning of the smoke, I gave it a heavy dose of Black Ops and let it sit while the smoker (Backwoods) came up to 275. I had a foil pan under the brisket to catch the drippings, and after a few hours I foiled it with the drippings and some beef broth. Started probing at around 195 IT, pulled it when it was probe tender(ish), cubed the point for burnt ends and let the flat rest for a couple of hours in a cooler. Strained the jus from the pan and used it to sauce the sliced brisket.

The whole thing turned out amazing flavor wise, I should have left the brisket on there a little longer as it was slightly undercooked (I always worry I'll over do it so I end up under doing it). The Black Ops has a very good flavor, not overpowering, with just a hint of lingering heat. I'll definitely be using this one again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg briskey 001 (Large).jpg (65.9 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 002 (Large).jpg (70.3 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 003 (Large).jpg (125.2 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 005 (Large).jpg (147.5 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 007 (Large).jpg (87.6 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 010 (Large).jpg (106.0 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 012 (Large).jpg (42.9 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg briskey 013 (Large).jpg (51.4 KB, 273 views)
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->