• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Onward with KISS

JohnHB

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Granddaughter coming to dinner. Her favourite is BBQed chicken thighs. She loves the bits of burn from the Q.
So a couple of kilos of thighs. Marinated for a couple of hours in kikkoman teriyaki sauce, piri piri, lemon juice & olive oil (I use a finished cognac bottle for oil).

P1.jpg
BBQ hot & on with chicken.

P2.jpg
Just about ready!
P3.jpg
On to plate
P4.jpg
Wife made a ratatouille and some boiled rice. A simple dinner to enjoy. A bottle of Aussie Shiraz also went down well.
P5.jpg
John

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 231
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 223
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 224
  • P4.jpg
    P4.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 219
  • P5.jpg
    P5.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 225
Looks good! :thumb:

I have never been able to buy 12 chicken thighs that consistant.

It's so much fun cooking for the grandchildren! I was so pleased to see our 1 1/2 year old grandson scarfing down pieces of my first fatty, I can imagine how happy you were when your granddaughter dug into those thighs. :hungry: It must have been great.

John, what is piri piri? I can't find a commercial source for it here in the States. chicken looks great and I'd like to try your recipe.

John, what is piri piri? I can't find a commercial source for it here in the States. chicken looks great and I'd like to try your recipe.

Wikipedia defines piri piri sauce as:
Piri piri sauce

Piri piri sauce (used as a seasoning or marinade) is Portuguese in origin and "especially prevalent in Angola, Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa". It is made from crushed chillies, citrus peel, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, lemon juice, bay leaves, paprika, pimiento, basil, oregano, and tarragon.

Recipe to follow
John

Wikipedia defines piri piri sauce as:
Piri piri sauce

Piri piri sauce (used as a seasoning or marinade) is Portuguese in origin and "especially prevalent in Angola, Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa". It is made from crushed chillies, citrus peel, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, lemon juice, bay leaves, paprika, pimiento, basil, oregano, and tarragon.

Recipe to follow
John

Piri Piri Sauce link

http://fishcooking.about.com/od/saucesforfishandseafood/r/piripiri_sauce.htm
I only use a tablespoonful as my 10 year old granddaughter likes a touch of chillie but not a lot.
In Aussie there are a number of commercial piri piri sauces available. I do believe we should provide recipes showing ingredients as the BBQ Brethren is a truly international body and we should be communicating in a way that is understood by all members.
I am in awe of the brethren as I know many are capable of products with great complexity. Nevertheless they are complimentary of simple dishes and the fun of BBQing.
John

Last edited:
Thanks John,

I found similar recipes before, but you looked to have a commercial bottle. sometimes these things are available. Thanks, for the recipe. It is copied and pasted into my recipe file.

Back