View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
retired trucker
is One Chatty Farker

Plus 1 for the foodsaver units. Just understand that they have design limitations that must be considered, and you will have success with them.

1. Make sure the top of the bag on the inside is clean and dry. Use a paper towel to dry and wipe any oil or grease away before sealing.
2. After the unit seals, wait about 10 - 15 seconds before opening it up or releasing the pressure. Wait at least 30 - 45 seconds before running the unit again on another bag.
3. If possible, flash freeze fresh meat to help cut down on any excess moisture before sealing.
4. If the contents have much moisture, roll up and place a paper towel on the top of the contents to absorb moisture so it won't be sucked up into the seal area. Keep that area as dry as possible, for best results.
5. I buy the rolls, as they can be cut to size, length needed and they are cheaper than the pre sized bags. Also make sure they are long enough to allow plenty of room for sealing without having them pull out of the vacuum chamber.
6. When setting the bags up to seal, make sure they lay flat with no kinks or wrinkles over the sealing area so you get a good seal.

These are some things I have learned from using mine, and I very seldom have a failure when following these suggestions. Just don't get in a hurry and pay attention to details. Good luck!

Blessings,
Omar

2 members found this post helpful.