• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin On The Suwannee BBQ Festival Live Oak, FL, July 24-25, 2009 (FBA)

warfrat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Alright guys...I (we) need your support! This is a first year contest with a helluva payback and a great contest site! JD Qualifier and the whole bit! Please send me an email if you need an entry. I would love to get at least 40 teams! Thanks!!
icon_smile.gif

Damon--
"Flirtin' with Disaster" will be there, for sure.

Some more information from the FBA website:

July 24-25, 2009 Smokin On The Suwannee BBQ Festival Live Oak, FL (FBA)
This contest is a State Championship and a Jack Daniels Qualifier.
Damon Wooley - 13944 48th Street - Live Oak, FL 32060
(386)-590-6038 or e-mail: for information

Gonna be a great event, I am sure.

Congrats on your showing at Palm Beach Gardens--great job!

TIM

Professional Division - $75 each category ($300 all four)

Grand Champion- $2000
Reserve Grand Champion- $1000
Third- $500
Fourth- $400
Fifth- $275
Sixth– $150
Seventh- $100
Eighth- $75
Ninth- $50
Tenth- $50

Each Category

1st $500
2nd $300
3rd $200
4th $125
5th $75
6th—10th $50 each
*Based on 30 Teams​
Backyard Divison -$50 each category ($200- all four)

Grand Champion— $500
Reserve Grand Champion- $300
Each Category
1st - $100
2nd- $50
3rd- $25

*Based on 20 Teams​

I updated the thread title to reflect the competition name, location and dates. Hopefully that will attract some more attention.

It's gonna be a good one - beautiful location, real nice payouts, great friends.
Come on down and join the fun!

Dayum! I've been hearing ads for the Suwannee fest on the Grateful Dead hour, is this happening at the same time?

Dayum! I've been hearing ads for the Suwannee fest on the Grateful Dead hour, is this happening at the same time?

Same location...different time. Talking with the CEO of the park though, they are thinking about booking some acts like that for next year's event if this one goes good!

21 pro/6 backyard teams paid in full as of yesterday... shooting for 35 pro and 15-20 backyarders.

my fingers are crossed! :wink:

Will it be open to the public? Used to live in Live Oak and staying there that weekend to visit friends on my way to Orlando for a convention.

Will it be open to the public? Used to live in Live Oak and staying there that weekend to visit friends on my way to Orlando for a convention.

yes...$2 a person or $5 a carload per park rules....wished we got a cut of that cuz I think it's gonna be a pretty good turn out:wink:

Friday night at 7 PM the Munchee's Team will be having a birthday party for our daughter and team member Annabelle. We extend an invite to teams and judges,just email how many people so I can plan quantity. My email is Muncheesmokehouse@earthlink.net.:icon_clown

We will be there for sure.

Mrs Kapn is bringing a dish called "Banana Cream Pudding", or somethng like that. :wink: :wink:

Looking forward to a great weekend.

TIM

looks like I'm up to about 34 pro and 10 backyard as of today...gonna have lots of folks paying when they get there
icon_confused.gif
still have room if anybody wants to sneak in here at the last minute
icon_wink.gif

we are up and running!! Got about 6 teams here already...wi-fi @ a BBQ contest...gotta love that!

Back