View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #89
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
May - You were my inspiration. I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of a Kamado Pot in distress. The fire box required repair, as did the ring above it. Lots of grime and rust to clean up, new gasket, replaced a couple of casters, and paint..... but the results were worth the effort. I've always used Weber kettles (I have four!) Now I just need to learn how to use the Pot for slow cooking and smoking!

A before and after.......

Thanks again - Phil
Nice job! Are you going to keep it black?

I left my Hibachi Pot refurb covered outdoors and the furnace cement repairs leached through the black BBQ paint. When the weather warms up I'll have to sand it down and use some Zinsser primer over the patch job, then repaint it.

Check out the Naked Whiz site and run a copy of the Pachinko Palace Kamado Manual, it'll get you going on the right track.

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote