Our first comp

W

WalterSC

Well brothers my team and I did our first comp and I loved it , we came in 39th out of 42nd in pulled pork. We made some mistakes but I am proud of our efforts, the day after we sat down and went over what we did and figured out our mistakes for the next comp. We were in North Augusta SC for the Hammin and Jammin , cookoff. We did a good job with the chicken wings that were given to use by the contest , we gave out 10 lbs of chicken wings in less than 20 seconds I barely had time to get them sauced and off the cooker. I am offically hooked now, since I hate heat we wont compete till around September-October again ,gives us more time to get ready for the next run. Might even try my hand at some KCBS events that are near by money allowing.

Congrats on getting the first comp done! And you didn't come in last... That's a good thing. :) Let's see some photos.....

Congrats Walter. Keep at it and I'm sure those scores will come up.

Its easy to get hooked. We did our first comp in May, and now we are set to do four more this year. It is fun for sure.

Jason

Congrat's on your first comp and keep at it!! Our first one is coming up and I'm psyched.

Walter,
As Chad would say----"Welcome to the Dark Side" :lol:
Addictive.

Each and every one is or should be a learning experience.

Good job.

TIM

Hey Walter...

Congrats on your first comp, things will get better and worse and then better again. I'm glad to hear that you are now competiting, good luck and I hope to see you somewhere.

Walter, good for you. My expectations for my very first comp are modest: Don't finish last.
You just showed that a Brother can do it.

I remember my first comp ... just 5 days ago. I too had modest goals - get everything turned in without being dq'd. Got my individual scores back today so I see some things I can work on.

Back