Regional Growth or Regional Drop?

big matt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I saw the other thread about contests on the east coast canceling(which sucks!)out here it has been the opposite..not to grind it in but we've never had this many contests on the schedule especially this early in the year..how is your area this year?..more,less or the same?

Kentucky added two more contests this year!.. Seems Kentucky and Indiana have been holding their own, and slowly growing in events.

It looks like GA is adding a few. Our schedule can be even busier this year if we want it to be from all the GA events and the surrouning states.

North Carolina has added another 2-3 again this year.

Although one was cancelled last year, it seems that there is constantly 2-3 added each year.

Northeast dropped a few, but added a few new ones. We will probably cook around the same amount again. (19 last year)

Ohio went from 4 to 6 KCBS events. With the growth also in IN and KY, they are gaining popularity in the Midwest.

Out here from Feb to June alone there are 17 kcbs comps already on the schedule.

Nebraska is showing 9, same as last year and up from 6 in 2012. I think there is one yet to hit the schedule, so we should be at 10. There were 366 team entries in 2013, up from 234 in 2012.

It looks like GA is adding a few. Our schedule can be even busier this year if we want it to be from all the GA events and the surrouning states.

I agree that GA is adding a few contests, but participation (ie: # of teams) seems to be down.

Back