• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What was your longest cook?

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
How long was your longest cook? What were you cooking? What equipment were you using? Did it come out tasting great or like garbage?

Longest cook: 16 Hours
Brisket
Equipment: 18.5" Weber One Touch Silver Kettle set up as a smoker
Tasted great especially the fat cap. lol I know I shouldn't eat fat but that
stuff was really flaky and full of flavor. It was better than the meat. The meat was amazing but nothing like a bit of flaky fat. I didn't eat alot of it as
I know I shouldn't eat it but man it was delicious.

18 hours; shoulder and hams; came close to ruining the meat, learned that 220 is NOT a magic temperature to cook at...

Since then I cook even 25# briskets for only about 10.5 hours and they're DONE DONE DONE, and awesome.

14 hour brisket-first time i have ever smoked anything
Did it on a square brinkman vertical water smoker.
It was the best que I have ever had, never been able to replicate it yet. :cry:
Didnt realize the importance of taking notes at the time:doh:

17 hours with a pork butt. It turned out to be leather since I didn't have a grate level thermometer...I learned a valuable lesson that day and now my wife is scared of my pork butt cooks hahaha.

12 hours exactly for two 10# butts. They came out great, or so I was told(cooked 'em for a church party for my parents).

Matt

I cooked a 15 pound (MOL) packer brisket for 18 hours at 225 (one of my early endeavors.)

It did not turn out as bad as you might expect. It was a little dry, but very tasty. However, it was not too pretty to look at. :becky: It shriveled up quite a bit.

14 hours on a brisket that I babied along because my previous attempts at brisket were not so great.

7 hrs on a Boston butt in my Kettle. Was my first one and turned out really good.
I'm doing an 8lb picnic as we speak. Been running the kettle around 300 since 11 am. It's been 5 hrs and the internal is 192. Looks super moist.

First 9lb pork butt took almost 18 hours on my mini. I was doing it at 225-235. I still do long overnight cooks if the timing works out (i like my sleep) vs waking up at the butt crack of dawn to start a hot and fast cook to be done by lunch time.

I've lit the pit on Thursday morning and let the fire go out on Sunday afternoon a few times.

23.5 hours
2 pork butts
Brinkman Cimmaron offset
Finished product was excellent, but I was too damn tired to eat any of it.

20+ hours on twenty pounds of pork butt in my large BGE on one load of charcoal at 225 degrees. They came out great and still very moist with a good bark.

19 Hours on a 16 lb (before trimming) packer brisket on my Tucker cooker. The darn thing hit 165 degrees - pitched a tent and camped out there forever.

Back