View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #115
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddahavit View Post
I do not agree with this either, to you that is your feeling, to me bbq has sauce, its up to the individual if its too heavy or overpowering. you are trying to direct peoples taste scores with that statement. Judge the entry, as a whole, if you like it score it that way, if you dont score it that way.

everyone has a choice to either compete or not, if you compete its up to you how you prepare your entries, flavors etc. If your not winning, then change or dont, but you cant complain about the judges for liking what they like. If people do it for fun and are not worried about the results, great, but we cant afford that, i can cook for several hundred people for the cost of a comp, so for me I want to have as much fun as possible and still do my best. that way if we dont walk, i still had a great time with friends and teams we like to hang with.
For what it's worth, that section (in red above) is almost verbatim from MIM, MBN, and GBA CBJ class....
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote