• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

loaded cornbread recipe wanted

scayne62

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I ate lunch at a place called Black Dog BBQ today, they had loaded cornbread as an appetizer, thought I should try it, it was Out of this world!! It had pulled pork, green chile's and beans in it, anyone have a recipe for this, I HAVE to make this. I looked like cornbread cake it was so thick.

Seriously though, I'd just make my standard cornbread and add the precooked (as far as the pork and beans went) stuff to it. Perhaps add an extra egg. For me though, I always stop after adding cheese and jalapenos if I'm making anything besides straight God's Own cornbread.:becky:

No sugar, it just tasted like regular old cornbread with a kick and some interesting but very good flavors.

Gulf,
That recipe looks so good. I'm gonna make that and eat me a mess of it. Thanks for posting. And thanks to scayne62 for bringing up the subject!!!!

Pork loaded Mexican Cornbread

When I copied that link, I thought that I saw "shredded pork" in the details. :doh: Not sure what happened but, I think that pulled pork could be substituted for the sausage. I am going to try both the sausage and the pulled pork :grin:.

Back