Vintage Smokey Joe

The top of it also & maybe some history/story behind it.... It's a beauty for sure :clap2: .... Appreciate it.

026.jpg

Hi Fishawn. This is a 1960 Weber Galley Que. I have had it for almost 2 years. It was acquired through Ebay. I collect all sorts of colored kettle grills...small and large, and this is just one of many I have. I'm glad Neotrout brought up this small brown Smokey because it finally motivated me to post on your site...I've been a short time lurker and think this site is great...BUT if you have interest in knowing more about vintage Weber stuff, I'm a member over at the WeberKettleClub (.com). This is a site that truly specializes in older vintage Weber items and charcoal grills. There are LOTS of friendly people like me that have many cool vintage grills you may not have known even exist. The cumulative knowledge there is endless and much of it is documented within the site.

Hey Neotrout (neighbor! I grew up around Elmhurst)...thanks again for motivating me to post on this cool Brethern site! Awesome find on that Smokie! Wish I was at that estate sale!
Hope you or any other interested parties have time to visit our growing little site! Stop in and introduce yourself if you like

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT'S IT!

Wow. This sure turned into an interesting thread. Thanks everybody.
Now the good news. I have the legs. There was a bunch of stuff in the box that the SJ was in. Miscellaneous nuts and bolts and junk...so I thought. I didn't even want it but the lady at the sale said I had to take the whole box. Anyhow, the legs and triangle piece are in there. WooHoo! Can't wait to get home tonight and see if it all is there. I was gonna pitch the whole mess on garbage day.
Gotta love the Brethren! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have the legs.
[Forrest Gump mod] Imagine that, magic legs! [/Forrest Gump mod]

That is one very very sweet score. Ya know, a Smokey Joe of that vintage, never cooked on, might be of value to someone at Weber. I have heard that some of the Weber executives collect these early examples as trophies. You might be able to trade it for something else. Never know.

Of course, you might just want to hang onto it.

The "brown beauty" is probably not a cooker due to the value but........

I have a buddy that has an old timer SJ with the 3 bottom vents. You can get some great searing temps for steaks with lump or regular charcoal. We use his while fishing and have cooked steaks so good it could make a grown man cry.

Nice Find!

I have the legs. There was a bunch of stuff in the box that the SJ was in. Miscellaneous nuts and bolts and junk...so I thought. I didn't even want it but the lady at the sale said I had to take the whole box. Anyhow, the legs and triangle piece are in there. WooHoo! Can't wait to get home tonight and see if it all is there.

Can't wait to see a pic of it all put together!

Back