• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Do we like frontier lump?

Hambone1950

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was at BJ's yesterday and they had a 34 lb bag of frontier brand lump for 18.99
Anyone have experience with this brand ? Is it good? And is that a good price?
I've been toying with the idea of trying lump and thought maybe this would be a good jumping in point.

Good stuff and a good price. Cooked dinner in the OTG last night and works great in the UDS.

I'm intrested in hearing these responses. I tried Cowboy last weekend and did not like it. We're using Wicked Good this weekend...

It depends, if the bag says product of Mexico by the UPC stay away from it. If it say made in USA then go for it. The frontier USA in my opinion is a really good lump. I did by a bag of the Mexico frontier and it never made it out of my chimney starter, it smelled bad and had nails in it, I tossed the bag and chalked it up as a loss.

I guess if you want to be a little picky, it does take a while to fully ignite in my chimney. Other than that, I find it works great.

and you are unable to find royal oak lump ?

all the royal oak at walmart here is in such bad shape, the largest piece is about as a big as a baseball and 1/10th of the bag is dust.

Back