View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #17
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeisgood View Post
I know it's just me, but I really do not want to cook and eat something that is still looking at me. I'll take my pork and beef and chicken parted out at the butcher shop please.....but that's just me...
Man I'm the opposite, I think that everyone should know where your food is coming from and that something had to give it up for me to get it. Seeing one whole makes it hit closer but like you said, each to own. I guess we've been killing hogs yearly ever since I was small and I'm 25 now, so I was just brought up that way and am use to it. Love knowing who handled and where my meat came from. Control over the whole process!

By the way Lib, you said you are getting a true pig cooker probably. Did you mean it will be propane powered then since you said most of them are? I think that most people agree that stick burners give better flavor and flavor is all that matters with Q no doubt. I don't have experience with that though, just wanted to remind ya before you made the purchase and didn't look into that part too.