Thread: Calzone
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Default Calzone

My strategy for the Italian Throwdown was to find as many Italian sounding ingrediants as possible and stuff them into one item.

That could only mean one thing CALZONE

I started with my making my favorite pizza sauce with my favorite helper.

Notice the concentration

I had already made my soon to be famous pale ale dough. I know pale ale isn't exactly "Italian" but I'm hoping for a little slack. I mean I'm sure they drink beer in Italy.

Now for all the Italian Ingrediants. For full effect please imagine Tony Soprano reading this like a grocery list from Carmela.

Roasted Tomatoes, Green Olives, Roasted Peppers, Hot Cappacolla, Salami, Pepperoni, Asiago, Mozzarella, and Parmigiano Reggiano

Add some more meats and cheese

I forgot to take a picture of the final product before I put it in the Weber. After folding over I brushed the top with an egg wash and more Mozzarella Cheese. Then off to the Weber

And this is how it turned out.

I also forgot to take a picture the actual grilling/baking but you can see the poor guy out in the cold warming the atmosphere

And now to cut and eat

This was a big hit. The 16 year old actually offered to pay me to make another one. I made two and only crumbs remain

This was fun. Thanks for looking.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->