What is your favorite cooker?

My Old Country Brazos offset is probably my favorite because stickburners say classic Texas BBQ to me and I enjoy sitting out on the patio and fussin' with the fire every couple of hours.

Of the ones in my sig (that I personally own) I'd have to go with the SSUDS.

Of all the cookers that I currently have regular access and cook on, I love Dan's BGE, but Jimmy's Jambo is pretty much the ultimate cooking machine.

Grilling - 22.5 Performer.
Grilling BIG things - 26.75 Weber kettle
Smoking - 18.5 WSM. (Maybe the 22 I just got when I get to fire it up.)
Smoking not so big things - mini-WSM (converted Smokey Joe)

Yeah... I'm outa control.

If I had to have just of my cookers, it would be my 22 1/2" OTG.

Sent from my Android phone.

I am totally in love with my UDS that I built this past spring. Using it and my Maverick thermometer, I am able to smoke delicious meats with a minimum of effort. With my offset, I was checking and adjusting the vents all at least hourly. My UDS is almost set it and forget it. :clap:

If it could be only one, I'd keep my 26.75" Weber kettle and put Craycort cast iron in it. If I could pick any one cooker I don't own, it'd probably be a Weber performer or maybe one of the large kamados like a Big Joe.

I have a very hard time imagining life without a Weber kettle, no matter what the replacement would be.

Depends on what and what volume I am cooking.

If I could only have one it would be one of our MAK Two Star General Pellet Grill. But I am glad I can have my Big Poppa Smoker UDS drums and WSM and 22 inch kettle

1998 Green Weber Mastertouch kettle by far! It has cooked everything cookable:eusa_clap
For those who didn't catch the Weber kettle bug until the 2000's, the Mastertouch is very close to the One Touch Gold but it has the lid holder and handle thermometer like the Performers of the era.

A close second is my 2007 Smokey Joe Platinum (Jumbo Joe). I bring it on vacations and make almost all our meals on it. Last year we rented a beautiful lake home for 5 days and I smoked ribs, wings, pork shoulder, and meatloaf on it. I also grilled burgers, steaks, pork chops, and made an egg bake for breakfast.

I love my Webers! My dad and I have rehabed over a dozen kettles and have given them to deserving friends and family.

The new MJH Backyard Bomber. Because 10-15 hr burns use too be something I only dreamed about. And its the best price you'll find on a insulated vertical!

I have lots of different cookers

The one cooker I own that is the most versatile is my XL Big Green Egg.
I can smoke or grill on it. The wife can even make a dam fine Pizza on the
BGE :biggrin1:

Each cooker has it's own attributes that's why we own a few...I would have to vote for my SS-UDS 1.0 over my kettle.
The deciding factor being that I made it and am proud of the way it turned out.... Nothing tastes a good as pride. Heh! :blah:

So far, my UDS that I recently built. In building that I also picked up a 22.5" Weber to get the lid, but by some odd coincidence that means I also get to use the Weber now.

Back