• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib-O-Lator

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I stacked a Cajun Bandit ring on top of a Weber ring and placed it on my kettle and turned into a mini WSM. I also used a Pitmaster IQ 110 to control my temps and it worked great, kept it steady at 250.

I also used my new home made injector and injected the spares, this thing works great. did i mention that the needles are sharp! One of my fingers found out the hard way, that will teach it for getting in the way. To bad my brain is the one doing the teaching, which means i better carry band aids.

As you can see by one some of the pics i should have pulled them a little sooner, i got sidetracked with another project but they still came out tender and juicy.

Sorry about the editing, i couldn't figure out how to slow down some of the frames.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVVHYHvWak"]Double extension ring rib-o-lator ribs - YouTube[/ame]

Nice ribbies B-O-B! Bet they was tasty! What did you inject them with...been thinking of injecting next time I cook ribs.

Very interesting! So the rib-o-later worked well, but why two extension rings? Does it need two to work? Also, I see you converted a Weber OTG style kettle for the IQ110. How do you get the ashes out? Does the feed for the IQ110 come off and you extract the ashes out of the one remaining lower vent? And do you need to reseal the other two vents closed very often?

Very interesting! So the rib-o-later worked well, but why two extension rings? Does it need two to work? Also, I see you converted a Weber OTG style kettle for the IQ110. How do you get the ashes out? Does the feed for the IQ110 come off and you extract the ashes out of the one remaining lower vent? And do you need to reseal the other two vents closed very often?

it only needs one ring but i am always trying something different, my AADD is in full bloom. as for the ashes i put a screen in the bottom of my charcoal baskets so most of it stays in them and i just lift and remove and yes you have to seal the other vents for the IQ to work as it should be your only source for air.

Oh yeah, the injector, way trick! I look forward to hearing how that was put together. I found a "chicken injector" down in Manila and grabbed it. Just an over-sized plastic syringe, but a whole lot better than nothing. Yours almost looks like it jaccards and injects in one swoop. Sweet!

for a number of years i had been thinking of a multi needle injector but never got around to it until my son knucklhed made me a single needle pump up injector system.

when the inside of your head is like a speeding derailed train going over a cliff, one needle is way to slow.

also, they say when you inject something it should be in a 1" grid pattern but i find that after the first few injections all the squirt-out covers my holes and i can't figure out where my 1" marks are. so then i'm like a dyslexic monkey on crack just stabbing at it not getting anywhere near the 1" grid.

So out of frustration i made the multi-needle injector. My first thought was to make it with about a dozen needles but I started out doing 6 just to get the idea down and it worked fantastical. i can inject a brisket in seconds with a perfect pattern same for anything else.

swamperb used it on a hole hog but he said the needles where to small. at the time i only had the smaller needles. now i have ones that actually hurt when you stab yourself.

SO HERE IS HOW I DID IT.

i cut a piece of acrylic 4"L X 2"H X 1"Thick. i drilled 1/4" holes about 1" deep where the needles would go ( I spaced them about 5/8” apart) followed by a larger drill bit in the same hole about 1/2 deep. then i drilled a long 1/4" horizontal hole to connect them all.

then i took some syringes and cut off about a 1/2" off the ends where the needle connects, and inserted them into the bigger holes that i made (I made the holes a little undersized so it would be a very tight fit) now i would be able to interchange big to small needles. i threaded the horizontal hole for a barbed fitting and it was done. the first one took about 2hrs or so.

then bought a 1 3/4 liter flo master pump up sprayer from home depot and modified it with a barbed fitting then attached the tubing and bada boom bada bing.

I have been thinking about selling them on my site as a number of guys have been asking for them but I’m not sure what to charge. Just for the parts including sprayer, needles etc I have about $36 into it. Any thoughts as to what it’s worth?

the yellow you see around the needles is the super glue i used to hold the syringes tips in. i will use something different next time.

injector1.jpg

pump.jpg

Back