Contest Announcment "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff", Benton, Illinois - July 2, 2011

Thanks guys! Help me spread the word to area teams if you would be so kind. I would like to get some ideas for goodie bags for teams from you guys. Last year we had buckets from True Value. We put tin foil, grill lighters, oven mitts, and paper towels in them. So let me know if there is something you would like to see in them. :thumb:

foil,papertowles,6 pacs,soda water,maby beer........charchol,freezer paper,cooly cups,red cups,bottles of wine , any useables that go with bbq

I would like to have the BEST DAM CAN COOZY ever, everything that's been mentioned is a good idea.

Thanks guys! Help me spread the word to area teams if you would be so kind. I would like to get some ideas for goodie bags for teams from you guys. Last year we had buckets from True Value. We put tin foil, grill lighters, oven mitts, and paper towels in them. So let me know if there is something you would like to see in them. :thumb:

Throw a thermapen in every bag.... just sayin :becky:

Great ideas guys! Any of you cooks who have kids, we are going to have a kids que! EZ Grills is donating them to our event and we thought it would be fun. It is being limited to 12 contestants ages 8 and up and they must be accompanied by an adult at all times. More details to come so check here or check our website! :thumb:

I just wanted to post an up to date list of teams who have either already entered and paid or have committed to attending. I will update it on our site and periodically post here between now and the event. So if you're thinking about entering, this is what it looks like so far.

Bandit BBQ Crew
One 2 BBQ
Bubba Joe's BBQ
The Swine'os
Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
The Q Factor
Smokin T's
Just Pork'n Around
Mascoutah Smokemasters
TR's Up In Smoke
Brandin' Iron
4 Smokin Butts
Sexy Q
Angry Tom's BBQ
The Charcoal Cowboys
JBJ's Ribs & Whiskey
TrueQue
Grumpy's Smokehouse
Uncle Joe's
Monster Que
QUAU

If there is anyone who wants to, we can do a roll call. Let me know guys! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to put our contest back out there in case there are new forum members or teams looking at contests to cook at. We still have room for teams so get in early! Our early bird registration ends on May 21, 2011 so don't miss out! :thumb:

mario_bump.gif

It's getting close to our cook off so I wanted to post an updated list of teams who have either already paid or who have told me they are coming. We still have room for more, so get in your entry! Here is the team list below.

1. Smokin' T's
2. Bandit BBQ Crew
3. The Swine'os
4. Uncle Joe's
5. The Q Factor
6. 4 Smokin' Butts
7. Monster Que
8. Piggy Q
9. Charlie Daves BBQ
10. Angry Tom's BBQ
11. The Charcoal Cowboys
12. Sexy Q
13. One 2 BBQ
14. Bubba Joe's BBQ
15. Mascoutah Smokemasters
16. Brandin' Iron
17. JBJ's Ribs & Whiskey
18. TrueQue
19. Grumpy's Smokehouse
20. TR's Up In Smoke
21. Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
22. Just Porkin' Around
23. QUAU
24. Smell That Smoke
25. Piggy Q
26. Rural Route BBQ
27. Big Blue BBQ
28. Papa Bear’s Bar B Q

You can print out an entry form on the website
Entry is only $150.00

http://www.bestdambbqcookoff.com

I am available to answer any questions anytime!
618-927-6157
Hope to see you in July!
:thumb:

Just had some details about our cook off I wanted to pass along. Team setup will be Friday July 1 at 8a. The cooks meeting will held at 7p that night. There will be a concert on the stage at 8p that will last till 10p. Saturday's cook off will follow the guidelines of the KCBS and judging will start at 12p. Prizes will be awarded at 4p at the stage. There will then be the cook off washer tournament. We pushed it back this year so that cooks can participate if they wish. There will be more live music that evening from 5p-7p. Teams staying Saturday night will be required to check out Sunday morning by 11a. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them. Help me keep this thread alive guys, I'm running out of things to say lol. :thumb:

I'm pretty pumped about this one. It'll be my fifth of the year and my fifth ever! I also live less than 20 minutes away, but that won't matter that weekend because I'll have my camper, pontoon and probably a ski boat at the South Marcum campground that weekend plus my competition trailer. Alot of stuff going on that weekend, it should be a blast!!

Chuck,
Big O' Dang O' BBQ will be there.
We haven't seent our entry yet but it will be coming soon.

-Aaron

Thanks guys, thought I would also pass this along. I am working with Black Diamond Harley Davidson on something for the Friday night concert. They are holding a bike raffle with the drawing on the 2nd. The money raised will be going towards disaster relief and they're only $5.00!!! So at this years cook off you have a chance to win a hog! :thumb:

Question about contest

Chuck,

Do you have security for Sat night . So I could leave my trailer. Also I have a trailer 26 ft. What is the size of space?

Thanks,
Ken Wood
Charcoal Cowboys

Back