What’s on your grill when it’s just you and your sweetie?

Shrimp as answered earlier is easy, and delicious. SO many ways, make 3 separate
tapas if you will.

Post dinner when we wanted something sweet... back in the day when I could still drink beer, wife and I would sit on the patio enjoying the monsoon with a bag of Oreo's and a six pack of Guinness.

That sounds nice, Bill. I always enjoy watching a good thunderstorm. :-D

To the OP, I know exactly what you mean. Noting beats a Bacon wrapped Saltine.

b65vex.jpg

14no134.jpg

Half a strip on a Saltine cracker. Top with cheese, pepper, whatever you like.

This sounds genius, too. Thx

Post dinner when we wanted something sweet... back in the day when I could still drink beer, wife and I would sit on the patio enjoying the monsoon with a bag of Oreo's and a six pack of Guinness. No grill needed and trust me the combo works.

Delicious. I’d probably fire it up anyway just for fun

Block of feta wrapped in foil covered in finely chopped onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives. When it's warm, scoop out with Triscuits.

Filet crostini with a horseradish sauce
Sausage/tomato bruschetta
Bacon wrapped water chestnuts with sweet chili dipping sauce
Flatbreads (My favorite is filet, arugula, blue cheese crumbles and a garlic oil)
Mussels (Cook till opened then toss with a butter/wine/lemon/leek mixture)
Bacon wrapped shrimp

Stuffed jalapeño peppers wrapped in bacon is our usual.
Shrimp wrapped in bacon and a little sweet baby rays is pretty quick too.
Steak kabobs are easy too

I got to try the smoked chocolate chip cookies!

As far as the grilled fruit idea, I like doing that myself with bananas (halved and in the peel), peaches, pears, pineapple and brush them with some cinnamon honey. Oh yeah! If you want to undessert the fruit, wrap it in bacon (never done that with bananas) and grill with a light sprinkle of rub. Sweet, savory, somewhat romantic.

Otherwise, my sweetie would go for popcorn over the flame, throw on some ghee and salt. She would go for smores too!

For just the two of us, last night I did a flat iron steak. Marinated it and did onions, bellpeppers etc and sliced it up for fajitas. This morning, we had the leftover flat iron as part of breakfast burritos.

Flat iron is a great little steak for two that doesn't cost a lot yet is tasty coming off a grill or smoker

Back