• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My craigslist score!

bproffer

Take a breath!
Reaction score
An older Traeger BBQ100 and Weber performer!

The seller originally wanted $300 for the Traeger and $100 for the Weber. He couldnt get the Traeger to work, the auger was stuck. He took it apart and couldnt fix it, so he lowered the price to $200. I called him up and said I'd take it, but he declined and said he was determined to fix it and sell it @ $300. :frown: (why would you post it for $200 as-is if you really didnt want to fix it...?) Anyways, a day went by, and I and i recieved a call back from him. He said he couldnt get the auger unstuck and was tired of playing with it. He also said that he had a guy give him a lowball offer of $100. I agreed to come look at it. So off I went. I found it in pieces. I asked if he would concider anything less than $200. He said since I was the first to call him, he'd take $100 for it. :biggrin: Then to my supprise, he threw in 4 20# bags of pellets, 6 bottles of lighter gel, and the waterproof traeger cover! He also had the weber for $100 and I got it for $80, including a nearly full LPG cylinder!

Anywhoo, After about an hour of intense labor, I finally coaxed the auger out. The tube was full of expanded pellets. I had to use a long auger bit on my drill to get them out. Well, after a good cleaning of the auger tube, I put it all back together and bingo, a working Traeger for $100!!!

Best $180 I have spent in a while.

DSC01731-1.jpg

The Traeger is in need of some TLC...but it works. No auto start or digital controller, but thats fine by me. I'll prob. buy a digital controller for it, the smoke setting was only 180*ish and the med setting is around 300*. Can these older models use the digital controllers?

DSC01732-1.jpg

The UDS is a work in progress, I only had one coat of BBQ paint on it, and it rained yesterday. The rust just gives it character! I had the barrel sand blasted but I found out not all of the liner was removed. I need to wire wheel the inside some more before I use it.

I know nothing of pellet cookers, but I'd have to day that you got a steal of a score! Congrats!

Nice double score - the work you put into these will be richly rewarded. :) And that includes the work on the UDS!

Congrats on the nice score(s)! The Performer looks like it's in great shape.

If I was you I would RUN and buy a Lottery ticket. You are one lucky guy!

I think the traeger is too broken and you should just drop it off over here so I can take care of it!

Awesome score!

Its a BBQ075...

I just gt to looking at this and I made a mistake. It is a BBQ075, not BBQ100...:oops: It was late when I posted....

EDIT* Why cant I edit my original post?

here's the Pron.....

Decided to do a few tri-tip. I used a homemade bbq rub instead of the Santa Maria style I normally make. Not too bad for a first attempt on the Traeger. A few hours on the smoke setting, and then high heat to finish them up. They are very tender and juicy! I definately want to get the digital controller for this. I would switch between medium and smoke every 30 minutes or so to try to keep the temps around 225. I used oak pellets. Not much of a smoke ring, but I can taste the smoke flavor. I predict good things to come from this unit! :mrgreen:

Tri-tip #1
DSC01735_edited-1.jpg

Tri-tip #2
DSC01734_edited-1.jpg

Back