Ground brisket makes outstanding burgers!!!

CarolinaQue

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So, I had a 4 lb flat left in the freezer that I didn't turn into pastrami. Seeing as I knew that brisket at one time was very popular as ground beef, I figured I'd give it a go.

So, I ground up a 50/50 ration of brisket flat and chuck roast for burgers tonight. And to top it off, I ground up bacon trimmings I had in the freezer to throw in with the ground beef because I knew that I'd eventually find a use for them and I couldn't stand to waste it.

Let's just say I could have likely eaten half a dozen of these burgers! Now I know why so many on here use ground brisket for burgers! The texture and taste was unreal!

Sorry, no pics.

Once upon a time before Brisket was discovered and became popular, it was tossed into the grinder and became ground beef.

Sounds tasty! Will have to give it a try!

i cant wait to grind up a brisket :thumb:

i cant believe i just said that:shocked:

I know how you feel. It's the biggest reason I haven't done it yet. BUt I figured it was worth a shot considering it was a small left over flat. Now I'm wanting to try it with the whole brisket.

Did you trim the fat cap at all before you grinded the flat up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is good, and I like it mixed with other meat like chuck and sriloin. Straight up ground brisket isn't quite the right texture for me, which the chuck and particularly the sirloin help out with. Just as an FYI, when I cook straight ground brisket, I find it is better when cooked well done than medium or less. Just and interesting tidbit of my own personal insight based on my own personal tastes (your mileage may vary).

It is good, and I like it mixed with other meat like chuck and sriloin. Straight up ground brisket isn't quite the right texture for me, which the chuck and particularly the sirloin help out with. Just as an FYI, when I cook straight ground brisket, I find it is better when cooked well done than medium or less. Just and interesting tidbit of my own personal insight based on my own personal tastes (your mileage may vary).

That's exactly what I did. I ground an even amount of chuck to mix with it. I also cooked the burgers indirectly for about 10 minutes and then finished about 3-4 minutes a side over the coals at a low to medium low heat. They were definately in the well done category but still very juicy and tender. I took them there for the exact reasons you described.

Back