Need some help with a smoker.

I also agree that an insulated cabinet smoker is a great choice.
I have a Spicewine and can tell you it is a fantastic cooker.
As you can see from my sig. below I have several diff. types of cookers
and the Spice is my baby. I will tell you that the Large is really big and a
Med. is probably a better choice for most. When thinking about bang for the buck,
don't forget to consider construction quality and longevity. From a quality perspective
I can tell you that my Spicewine will last and be smoking away far after I am gone.
This thing is a beast and made to last a very, very, very long time.

Thanks for all of the help guys. I am still looking around. I might try finding someone close to me that has one of the backwoods or pitmakers.

I actually am starting to look at the pitmakers sniper model now. It looks pretty darn nice with plenty of capacity.

Build a UDS.

Bludawg aint lying, build a UDS and see how well they cook. You have a keg, a UDS or two would be a great combination to be sure. If you have the chance to cook on a UDS, do it you will be impressed.

Backwoods are hard to beat. Dynamite people. Dealers in most all regions. And a reputation that can't be beat. If you like the Pellet model, then you are in luck. Backwoods will be introducing a pellet option on their cookers VERY soon. I can tell you that it will impart the smoke flavor of coal and wood as well as their traditional models. Right now, it is in prototype but is very close. I am cooking on one of the G2 Fatboy Pellet prototypes and so far I love it.......I have been anti-pellet for a long time but I'm here to tell you, if you like the pellet model, this is worth waiting a few more weeks for.

Oh yea, it has no problem running 400 degrees WITH water.........you HNF guys are gonna dig it. I did two turkeys at 350 with water last week......didn't skip a beat. I am going to to an 18lb prime brisket next week HNF on it. Will post pics of it then.

stick burner

get a LANG the LANG 60 is what you want it has more grate space for cooking for your friends and neighbors once you master fire control it`s oh so sweet makes the best bbq bar none unless you are planing to serve your meat at 8:00 am you realy will not miss any sleep half the fun of a stick burner is checking the fire while you enjoy a nice cold libation

Backwoods are hard to beat. Dynamite people. Dealers in most all regions. And a reputation that can't be beat. If you like the Pellet model, then you are in luck. Backwoods will be introducing a pellet option on their cookers VERY soon. I can tell you that it will impart the smoke flavor of coal and wood as well as their traditional models. Right now, it is in prototype but is very close. I am cooking on one of the G2 Fatboy Pellet prototypes and so far I love it.......I have been anti-pellet for a long time but I'm here to tell you, if you like the pellet model, this is worth waiting a few more weeks for.

Not saying I don't believe that, but I have spent THOUSANDS on pellet smokers(Still have my PG500 which is only used as a grill now), and those things just dont produce the smoke flavoring, even when they are pouring out smoke.

The only thing to date that I can taste a nice smoke flavoring from is my Big Steel Keg, which of course uses lump charcoal and wood chunks.

I might shoot you a call about that smoker tomorrow.

For the money, a Superior SS-1 is a very good choice. I compared price, size and features with Stumps, Spicewine, Backwoods, etc. and settled on Superior. The owner, Kevin Blackburn (678-404-1592), is a great guy and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. I've had mine since Spring and absolutely love it.

I've had my party g2 since July. Did a simple mod on the fire basket and added the digiq. Been in love since! Backwoods rock!!

Back