the birth of Ursula

sparky'

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
plz welcome my newest member of my family. Ursula.
party030.jpg

your going to need a tape measure, marker, straight edge, your stencils cut out and a latte w/ a shot of baileys in it.
ursulasbirth009.jpg

the directions were very good. i was a tad hesitant at first but i watched the video 3 times and just read the directions a couple times and went on from there.

1st off. need to fine the front of your drum. i put Ursula on a chair to make her easier to work on. more better for my back. start measuring stuff and marking it up. just follow the directions.

ursulasbirth031.jpg

after you have her all measured out time to drill. go easy. its easy to punch threw to much.
ursulasbirth056.jpg

ok, drilling done. i had a paint question. so i called BPS and asked to speak to kevin. then send me to somebody w/ the name of kevin but he didn't know anything about smokers. so i called back. "can i talk to the drum making kevin?" bam, right threw to the right guy. kevin told me what kind of paint to get and away i go. only found black. i'm cool w/ it. i can always repaint here when i screw the black up.
ursulasbirth076.jpg

put her all together. jim would be proud of me. the BPS Drum Kit goes together like a glove. nice job guys.
ursulasbirth095.jpg

boo ya baby. Ursula fully dressed and ready for the show. she looks good. nice job sparky. i'm proud of myself.
ursulasbirth131.jpg

the fam.
ursulasbirth121.jpg

thanks to BP and his whole staff. i got a drum smoker, i got a drum smoker. nener, nener, nener......

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Nice work on the assembly. Now, as has been said many times here before... go get 'er dirty!

Way too clean and empty. Fill er up with some meat and smoke!

Looks great.

She's beautiful Sparky!! You did a great job! :mrgreen:

I remember when my drum was that clean. Now the UDS is the most used cooker I own, followed by my Old Smokey grill, then the ofset.

It looks purty but I think maybe you should have burned out the liner before you put it all together but hey What the Fark do I know!

I don't think it is painted. I had mine media blasted, after painting the inside (ooops), and it had that grey color when I got it back. Looks more like a re-furbished barrel that has a touch of rust from sitting...

the outside was painted w/ high temp paint. the inside i had sandblasted. i wiped the inside down w/ olive oil before i burn her in for hours. 1/2 load of lump lasted 5 hours (i went to bed) @ 230° -250°. i'm very happy.

Nice job :clap:
You can get engine or header paint in different colors at any automotive parts house if you decide to change colors.

Back