I trust you guess Weber Genesis?

andersonsrus

Found some matches.
Reaction score
We are in desperate need of a new gas grill and have pretty much gave decided on a Weber Genesis that we have saved for all year. Now this is where we need help. There are many models in the Genesis line,we don't need the side burner and then there is the issue of what the grates what they are made of. Then I see here people use grill grates. Not even sure what they are and what size. So if you suggest what we should purchase etc. since this is a big step for us we don't want to make a mistake. Some models are all ss inside and out. We are looking for something to last long term that will look good and deliver great tasting food which was not the case with our other grill. Thanks you always give the best advice

There is no need for grill grates. That's just people who feel the need to tweak. I got the 330 because of the sear station and side burner comes in much handier than you'd think in the middle of summer and using your stove just kills your AC

All of the Genesis models will last a long time, but the stainless models also have stainless flavorizer bars and grates and will last much longer. If you don't care about the side burner then go for the SS-310.

You can add GrillGrates at any time. You probably don't need them, but they do a nice job.

http://www.mygrillgrate.com/

Also, if you are going to spend the extra money for the SS Genesis models, take a look at the Saber grills. I bought mine last year and I am thrilled with it. It's a little different cooking style because of the IR cooking, but it's easy to get used to.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162601

I have one like the E 310 My controls are on the side table Have 3 burners no side burner I really like it It is great for us during the week and then I use my Egg on Weekends

Let Craigslist be your friend you should be able to find one for half the price of new.

I agree, there fantastic deals on Craigslist.
Someone sold a perfect Summit for $100.

I have a genesis e-320 after about 4 years the flavorizer bars are nearing the end of their life (I live in humid South Florida within a mile of the salty ocean) The cast iron grates are still in awesome condition (I rub them down with vegetable oil quite regularly) After burning through too many $159.99 grills, the genesis is a quality grill that looks like it should last me many many years.

Today I cleaned my 2004 Weber Summit Silver C. Many of the features it has are now incorporated in today's Genesis line. Why I mention this is if you give your grill a good deep cleaning every year and keep up with basic maintenance you will have a great grill for 15 plus years. To clean off some of the degreaser I used, I fired it up and hit above 650 with a perfect flame. You are making a good investment with the Genesis line. In 15 years you could easily go through five $250 grills.

We are in desperate need of a new gas grill and have pretty much gave decided on a Weber Genesis that we have saved for all year. Now this is where we need help. There are many models in the Genesis line,we don't need the side burner and then there is the issue of what the grates what they are made of. Then I see here people use grill grates. Not even sure what they are and what size. So if you suggest what we should purchase etc. since this is a big step for us we don't want to make a mistake. Some models are all ss inside and out. We are looking for something to last long term that will look good and deliver great tasting food which was not the case with our other grill. Thanks you always give the best advice

None of the weber line is "all ss inside and out." Yes some of them have stainless burners and grates, and some have stainless cladding, but none are 100% stainless.

Having said that, I have a nonpstainless weber that although is rusting it is totally usable 20 years later.

For grates, i have enameled cast iron grates, they came with my silver b. Love them, heavy duty and sears well once you get them hot. Just clean and oil them before you cook and they will last a long time. Going on 10 years and counting.

I got the EP-330, black enamel outside, ss grates and flavorizer bars. Easy to keep the grates clean.
So far I mainly use the side burner to light the chimney starter for my WSM.

JP

Back