to cold to work, think I'll try bludawg's brisket recipe

Here it is, just over 5 pound. They are pre trimmed. Normal price is 3.99 lbs but the counter girl wrote it up wrong

Like I said she put the wrong sticker on it. The pics say enough. I know a packer when I see one......er..that didn't come out right.

Wrapped in Butcher paper about four hrs in. Already probed more tender than the last brisket.
Looks a like I'm on track. Might test after 30 or 40 min, because its a smaller brisket.

Me too, I think she'd hit 350. If I wanted. No water in pan just cover in foil.

I see a lot of you Mercuns wishing you had a bigger brisket.
I feel you, dawgs, we can't all come packing a monster packer, but ask Bludawg and I'm sure he'd console you with the wise and constantly repeated lietueism, it isn't the size of the brisket but the way you probe it.
Knowing where the stall is in cooking a brisket is like knowing where the radio signals come from while you are boogeying in the kitchen wearing that tutu your niece left there last time she was over, and knowing it wouldn't be near as comfy if you had a monster packer.

My little packer is off and resting, still wrapped, as per the bludawg way. I accidentally hit the button on my probe and it read 200.

When I do a job and cook five or more cases of briskets I always get one of these stuck in. I will say this about the true small briskets like that in my experience.

Its always the one I watch and put in a special place in the pit and it also is the one I keep for myself. I may cut up 700 pounds of brisket real quick in an afternoon but that one goes home with me and I am never disappointed.

Yall remember that tip I gave yall a while back on how to tell what you have in a case by the weight right?

When I do a job and cook five or more cases of briskets I always get one of these stuck in. I will say this about the true small briskets like that in my experience.

Its always the one I watch and put in a special place in the pit and it also is the one I keep for myself. I may cut up 700 pounds of brisket real quick in an afternoon but that one goes home with me and I am never disappointed.

Yall remember that tip I gave yall a while back on how to tell what you have in a case by the weight right?

Do tell. I've not heard this tip. :ear:

Do you feel they in some ways better or just easier to cook to a consistent result?

Asked the Butcher about the small size of the briskets. He said "that's a brisket". I said "thought they were bigger". He replied "they are trimmed". I decided not to push him and just enjoy briskets that fit easily in my 18 wsm.

Here it is, just over 5 pound. They are pre trimmed. Normal price is 3.99 lbs but the counter girl wrote it up wrong

What meat market did you get that at?

Back