THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I borrowed my friends 22.5 Weber Kettle for a comp cook tomorrow night. I confirmed something that I have been speculating. The weber top fits my Vision Kamado perfectly!

So now I would like to know, can I use the extension kit from Weber and basically use it like a WSM? I am thinking yes! But, you Weber guys would know! I think this opens a whole lot of doors to me!

Thanks

Damn Jed you gotta try it! I would even contact one of the mfg's to see about a deal - think about the marketing opportunities if it works.
I borrowed my friends 22.5 Weber Kettle for a comp cook tomorrow night. I confirmed something that I have been speculating. The weber top fits my Vision Kamado perfectly!

So now I would like to know, can I use the extension kit from Weber and basically use it like a WSM? I am thinking yes! But, you Weber guys would know! I think this opens a whole lot of doors to me!

Thanks

Damn Jed you gotta try it! I would even contact one of the mfg's to see about a deal - think about the marketing opportunities if it works.
I think I would have to unhinge the kamado lid or perhaps the sides might just clear, it's touch and go there Dave. But I could sure hang a bunch of ribs in that baby. I was going to have a collar custom made but now it seems I won't need to!

hmmmm...I'm definitely interested in this...What an awesome mod..If this works, guess I no longer need a UDS :tsk:

Look fwd to following this thread..:clap2:

What about the Cajun Bandit extension? or even the rotisserie accessory? I would love to have a rotisserie for my BGE.

I think I would have to unhinge the kamado lid or perhaps the sides might just clear, it's touch and go there Dave. But I could sure hang a bunch of ribs in that baby. I was going to have a collar custom made but now it seems I won't need to!

I have a guy in Ocala who will custom roll me one for my 26.75 OTG, I'm still playing with designs so it can be a pizza insert w/door, hold a rotisserie and a second cooking rack for smoking. I was planning on using my tubing bender (see our vertical stickburder build thread) to make some rings to seal it up. If you can get away with a stock attachment for the 22.5 that would be great, but if some rings become necessary let me know, that should be an easy mod and I'll see if I can set you up.
Tubing bender is shown in this thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162551
There are a couple of aftermarket inserts out there, here is one thread comparing them, probably others.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80183
PS: just wondering if there might be someone near Ft. Lauderdale that has one you could borrow to test fit?

Last edited:
Back