Mjh .... Mjh .... Mjh

You are so LUCKY!!! Mine is still a few weeks out. Post lots of pics and frequent updates on your first few cooks. I will be living vicariously through your posts until mine arrives.

Holy smokes(or charcoal!) thats huge big fire box! that couldnt easily take a 20lb bag plus some.

DITO on the pictures man!!! I cant wait to get mine!!!!!! .. I think I will plan ahead and take the day after arrival off you know season it and drink some brews and sit and stare!!!!!

The "Black Beast" has landed!!!!

I got home and opened up the barn doors and the wife already had it uncrated.:twitch: She won't tell me if she somehow got this done or tipped the delivery driver to do it. Either way, I don't care because I was ready to check it out.

It is much bigger than I actually expected. Lots of space in between the racks and will be able to handle the amount of food I will want to cook at one time. With the handle on the side, it is very easy to move around. I plan on having the seasoning done on Saturday and hopefully it's first official cook on Sunday. I've never used a Guru so I'm going to have to figure that one out. (I guess I may have to actually read some instructions).

Here is the Black Beast in it's new home

As you can see, plenty of room with 4 racks and the built in water pan that slides out

With both doors open

My little 5 year old approves

Excellent!:grin: Great pics, give some details on your fire build. Saturday for seasoning, cook on Sunday:shock:....You're killing me dude, I can't wait that long! :twitch:

Updates!!!! seasoning should be done....what are you going to cook...pics???? (stalker)

Yep, the seasoning is done. Tomorrow we have some chicken halves, pork tenderloin and Babyback Ribs going on for dinner. Have my little girl's birthday party to get out of the way first.

Here she is getting warmed up for the seasoning. I just did a half full maze which gave me more than enough fuel for the cook.

How long and what temp did you use for seasoning? Did you wipe the inside with peanut oil or something?

Back