Bacon Wrapped Hotlinks and OTC Sausages w/pron

cousinconley

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Pulled out the old Cook N Kettle Sr and did a reverse sear on all items. First I sliced up some Mountain View hotlinks and wrapped in bacon.

IMAG0105

IMAG0107

I put the bacon wrapped hotlinks in a disposable grill veg tray then folded it to make it easier to turn.

IMAG0108

While the hotlinks cooked, I layed down some mild links on the cooler side to heat up.

IMAG0110

Pulled the bacon wrapped hotlinks and foiled them.

IMAG0111

Searing the mild links while heating the generic sausages.

IMAG0112

Pulled and foiled the mild links.

IMAG0113

Searing the sausages.

IMAG0116

Pulled and foiled them.

IMAG0117

Preparing to grill the remaining bacon.

IMAG0119

IMAG0120

IMAG0121

IMAG0122

Overdid the bacon a bit.

IMAG0123

Pretty good hotlink.

IMAG0118

They Look really good and you did a bunch - all for a party or putting some away for later?

Sausage party!

Wait...lemme rephrase that...

...anyway, you had me at "bacon wrapped hot links". That's like a perfect food right there.

How did it go grilling the bacon? Seems like flareups would be an issue and extreme vigilance would be required!

Nice work all around there sir! :clap2:

Sausage party!

Wait...lemme rephrase that...

...anyway, you had me at "bacon wrapped hot links". That's like a perfect food right there.

How did it go grilling the bacon? Seems like flareups would be an issue and extreme vigilance would be required!

Nice work all around there sir! :clap2:

As long as i keep the lid on there are no flare-ups. Not sure if the disposable veg grate i clamshelled help, but it did make is easy to flip the bacon. Also, I only had coals on one side as i rotated the items around.

Very nice!!!! I bet the guy 4 cubes to the south of you would have liked to try some!!!! We need to have a BBQ exchange for lunch one day.

I like the idea of anything wrapped in bacon:clap: I love your kettle, looked them up on line very nice looking, but the price:twitch: :wacko: :sad:

I like the idea of anything wrapped in bacon:clap: I love your kettle, looked them up on line very nice looking, but the price:twitch: :wacko: :sad:

New ones are pricey. I got mine off craigslist for much cheaper. They are pretty much cast iron Weber Kettles.

Back