• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need help!!!

PackFan80

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I have a 60lb pig on a rotisserie over hot coals for a pig rost this afternoon... Well the rotisserie just crapped out... Made a "pop" and died.. Do I just have to do it manually or can I do the pig another way? Any ideas would be great..

I rented this set up.. I have done it for like 4 years... I only have a kettle and an akorn... I'm thinking of doing rotating it by hand an when the place opens that I rented from call and demand they drop off a new rotisserie.

You are probably thinking correctly. I would hate to have to cut a whole pig up just to cook it. Hope they come through for you.

Is there a grate on this cooker that you could butterfly the pig on(cut down the belly and open it up, lay flat) and flip every hour?

I sent my wife out to a propane store b/c they were open and they rented me just the rotisserie for $125... I guess I'll keep the recite and bring with the equiptment when I return everything... Thanks for the help...

I was thinking about putting it on a grate but I did not have 1 that big.. I'll post pics later

That's what kids are for. Make them sit outside and turn it by hand. :razz:

Good Luck with the cook. Hope it all works out.

That's what kids are for. Make them sit outside and turn it by hand. :razz:

Good Luck with the cook. Hope it all works out.
Good luck with the kids. Heck they won't even crank the ice cream maker.

Back