My Dad and their Drum cooker

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Was sifting through old photos of my dad and my grandpa to send to some relatives, and came across this one of my dad cooking sausage and maybe chicken on a drum smoker. I think this was probably early mid 80s. I would have been 5-6 years old maybe. Just thought I would share.

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 265
Nice, a step on the way to UDS fame.

Very nice....You should try to recreate that same UDS setup....

Awesome pic! Makes you appreciate the older generation!

Some of my earliest memories were of family reunions and such around the smokers. My uncle made one out of an old refrigerator and my Granddad had a smokhouse where he would do his own bacon. Great memories!

That is cool, I remember my dads first experience with a smoker...then i remember eating pizza for dinner that night. LOL cool picture.

Always nice to stumble across things that bring up good memories. Thanks for sharing.

That's a cool pic. Wonder how far the smoke stack goes. Maybe thats what poke a hole in the ozone hahah

Ahh, that's a real cool pic, Reminded me of my dads brick fireplace that had a grill on it, and how he used to smoke Kielbasa by hanging them in the chimney on a rod with wire to hang them,, I wouldn't have thought about that had you not posted that Pic. that was in the late 60s...

I am going to have to dig up the pic of my old man cooking. Lots of fond memories of him cooking on one of these using the rotisserie.
3n13p23o45Oc5Tf5P09ava539084faf021426.jpg

remembering things from the past is just wonderful. thx for the pic :p:p

FatDaddy, your dad is the looks a lot like Robert Shaw! :icon_cool

That's a cool photo. Makes me think of old times with my dad. That's where my love of bbq came from.

Very cool, Jason. It also proves another brilliant idea like the UDS/drum smoker originated and was invented in Texas.......

Back