Todd's Dirt Review

Theres a BBQ joint in Perry Iowa that finishes there pulled pork with a rub that looks a lot like this...wonder if its the Dirt? Any of you Iowa farkers know the place I'm talking about?

I ordered some Dirt after reading all the words here. I tried it on a burger and like it. Will have to try some steaks soon. Maybe a brisket later.

I love Crabby Dirt on Chicken. It has got some kick to it. I will take chicken breast, put some olive oil and Crabby Dirt. That is it. Great on Grill. For Football Sunday, I love the recipe for wings from thewebsite oil and Dirt or Crabby. It is really good. I did mahi mahi a couple of weeks ago. Everyone really liked it. But we are all from Maryland and love Old Bay. Crabby is simalar but also very different. I have done ribs with the Crabby Dirt and brown sugar. That was pretty good for a rub. My whole family loves Dirt.

I finally ordered some Dirt, 2 for me, 1 for my dad, one for the SisIL.
I tried it on burgers, and I think I overwhelmed it with the onion and grilled pepper.
It definately is heavy on oregano and sage, but I thought it was really good.
Sorry about bringing this old thread back to life, but since I started it all, thought I'd give my $.02.

just a warning, nothing against dirt, but my wife is very alergic to cilantro, but, I love the stuff!!!!:)

I was at a local store on Sunday, and ran into Todd. He was dishing out some grub made with his dirt and talking to customers. He had smoked a turkey with his dirt that was really good. He also made some stuffing, gravy, potato salad all made with his dirt. It was all off the hook good. I was stuffed when I left. I must of saw 30 or so bottles and cookbooks leaving the store. I have met him before at a BBQ show, he is a really funny guy. I mentioned about the Brethren site to him. He told me he loves this site. He even gave me a free bottle and coolie, for being a loyal customer. Thanks todd if you are reading.
Tom
I love my weber

I was at a local store on Sunday, and ran into Todd. He was dishing out some grub made with his dirt and talking to customers. He had smoked a turkey with his dirt that was really good. He also made some stuffing, gravy, potato salad all made with his dirt. It was all off the hook good. I was stuffed when I left. I must of saw 30 or so bottles and cookbooks leaving the store. I have met him before at a BBQ show, he is a really funny guy. I mentioned about the Brethren site to him. He told me he loves this site. He even gave me a free bottle and coolie, for being a loyal customer. Thanks todd if you are reading.
Tom
I love my weber

The stuffing idea is great! I like putting a little of the crab dirt in my shepard's pie. I'll grab it when I want some herb seasoning IN something. It just isn't a rub to me. Once you cook with it a bit, you get to know the flavor profile and can decide what dishes you want to add it with.

I've enjoyed it.

The stuffing idea is great! I like putting a little of the crab dirt in my shepard's pie. I'll grab it when I want some herb seasoning IN something. It just isn't a rub to me. Once you cook with it a bit, you get to know the flavor profile and can decide what dishes you want to add it with.

I've enjoyed it.

You are right Plowboy Todd. But Dirty Todd has made it clear he doesn't consider it a rub. It's a seasoning. And a darn good one.

In my book Todd's Dirt is to seasonings what Plowboy's Yardbird Rub is to rubs. And everyone by now should know what I think of Yardbird.

I would like to thank everyone for the great comments about my DIRT. Tom it was fun getting DIRTY with you at the store event. I hope all of the brothers and their family have a great DIRTY Holiday and a Happy New Year.

By the Way the DIRT MAN is a huge fan of the OTHER Todd (Plowboy). All of your stuff is very tasty. It is so good, I enjoy licking it off my hand.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

You guys suck! I'm going to have to order from both Todds now and have it shipped over here ... do y'all have any idea how much that'll cost in postage?!?

Looks like rosemary and sage (the poultry smell you were getting).

Sounds like it's a must try for "Friday Night Steak Night"...:p

I would like to thank everyone for the great comments about my DIRT. Tom it was fun getting DIRTY with you at the store event. I hope all of the brothers and their family have a great DIRTY Holiday and a Happy New Year.

By the Way the DIRT MAN is a huge fan of the OTHER Todd (Plowboy). All of your stuff is very tasty. It is so good, I enjoy licking it off my hand.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

Welcome to the show bro...I'm looking forward to trying your products. Do you have them in any Seattle area stores? :biggrin:

I have used Todd's Dirt on Steak, Roast (Beef & Pork), Hamburger, Spagetti Sauce. As a topping for a breakfast scramble and several other uses, I have yet to find one that I was unhappy with.

Todd's Dirt for Seafood is great, and makes a fairly mundane Tunafish sandwhich come alive!

Back