• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Chops, Greens and GMDGeek's Cuc Salad

Looks awesome. Do you have that cucumber salad recipe? This all looks good together.

Nice Jeanie! I've never used (or thought about using) TQ for other cuts of pork. I've only used cure when making sausage. Great looking meal! Keep those posts coming; I always pick up good ideas.

That looks awesome, as always.

Thank you Husker! :)

Great cook!

Enrico, thank you! :-D

bbqgeekess, thank you and good luck with them!

Next time I do chops I'll try that quick cure thing with some TQ that I got from an awesome sistren - you might know her!

Your table is the Promised Land as far as I'm concerned Jeanie - thanks for putting that up! :clap2:
:becky: Greg I think I might know her. Thanks Friend, you are so kind.. :wink:

Fantabulous, Jeanie! You gonna show us that great cooking at the bash? :wink:

:doh: Peeps I need to write that down on the calendar. This would be the closest bash to me...and I would love to meet ya. Thanks!

Phu...Thanks! :hug:

Looks awesome. Do you have that cucumber salad recipe? This all looks good together.

Thank you Neil! The salad was great!!

Here's the recipe...

Nothing fancy - its one that was given to me about a year ago and we love it!

Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and Tomatoes

3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings (sometimes I do more - I like onions)
3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (I used organic)
1 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
1/4 cup oil

Mix it all together then refrigerate for 2 hours - I find it best if you make it in the morning and have it that night, the flavors blend together! Is awesome the next day too!

Nice Jeanie! I've never used (or thought about using) TQ for other cuts of pork. I've only used cure when making sausage. Great looking meal! Keep those posts coming; I always pick up good ideas.

Thanks Mike, hope you give the TQ a try sometime. :)

That all looks great! Love the FGT's!!

I'm really enjoying the FGT's this winter. Reminds me of summer. :becky: Thanks KP!

Outstanding as always Jeanie. I do the cuc salad on the regular. My fave salad, bar none!

Thank you USMC, Matt and jsperk!

What an excellent looking pork chop plate and salad, looks mouth watering!
Marty thanks!! Love the Tatonka Dust. I know I keep telling you that but it's true. lol Had some on popcorn last night. :-D

Outstanding as always Jeanie. I do the cuc salad on the regular. My fave salad, bar none!

Thank you ssv! I hope to make them often! :becky:

DerHusker and Ryan, thanks! :thumb:

Neil, thanks and you're welcome! :-D

Where the fark are you getting green tomatoes this time of year? Did you can or pickle them? Greens and fried green tomatoes, yum! All my green's went into huge pickling jars. Chopped up they are awesome as a relish. Super tangy. I kinda want to try to fry a pickled one now.

Thank you Dadeo and Hoss! :-D

Looks absolutely delicious.

Tony thank you! Also thank you for the kind comments on my lasagna and salmon threads too. :-D

Where the fark are you getting green tomatoes this time of year? Did you can or pickle them? Greens and fried green tomatoes, yum! All my green's went into huge pickling jars. Chopped up they are awesome as a relish. Super tangy. I kinda want to try to fry a pickled one now.

I can green tomatoes in the fall for frying during winter. They are not pickled. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2013/08/canning-green-tomatoes-for-frying.html

...also can twangy green tomato dill pickles,...Fried green tomato pickles are great!! Will make your eyelids sweat. :-D http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2007/11/green-tomato-pickles.html

Back