• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmasters?

I know what you are saying. I guess I do not really understand why people on TV need to present a different personality than how they really are. I suppose if there were not some acting it would be a really boring show.

But for a BBQ show it just seems less acting and more real life action would be more interesting. I am sure Myron's son is not the complete flake he portrayed on the set. :wink:

You have to remember, they're not just trying to get us to watch. They're targeting people that don't que too. Some folks require extra entertainment, we watch it for other elements.

I do have to agree, Myron is a bunghole with an ego the size of the planet.

I have to throw the bull chit flag on that one! I have met and then humg out with Myron several times and he is a super nice guy. I love it when people draw conclusions about people they have never hung out with. You have to realize that show is scripted.

You can always tell the folks who have actually met Myron and those who have not. 8)

TIM

see I don't get that. I would rather be known as the nice guy than the egomaniac. Guess the produces put him up to it?

According to my Dish sat. The series is starting again Feb 26th. That will probably be the same for you cable guys.

It is easy to believe the guy Myron plays for the small screen.He plays the part well.Good acting on his behalf.Much like the WWE,gotta have the good guys vs bad guys.The show is okay.Swamp People on the other hand has gotten more unbelieveable than wrestling! I used to love that show.No way a 150 lb dude goes into 5 ft of water to grapple a 650 lb "stunned" gator!! Much easier for me to believe Myron is an arse,even if he's really not.

see I don't get that. I would rather be known as the nice guy than the egomaniac. Guess the produces put him up to it?

According to my Dish sat. The series is starting again Feb 26th. That will probably be the same for you cable guys.

It's called show business.

Does anyone believe Lindsay Lohan is as incredibly stupid and irresponsible as she seems??????
Nevermind--poor example :redface: :redface:

TIM

Swamp People on the other hand has gotten more unbelieveable than wrestling! I used to love that show.No way a 150 lb dude goes into 5 ft of water to grapple a 650 lb "stunned" gator!! Much easier for me to believe Myron is an arse,even if he's really not.

Well apparently you don't know the same people I do. Cajuns are either stupid or just plain crazy but usually both

My main complaint this season was how little Myron said "damn". He is a wordsmith with that word. He let it fly a little in the Father vs. Son episode, but other than that, it just wasn't present.

Sometimes I watch the first season just to hear his verbal syntax sorcery. It's really an under appreciated art, and I hope to someday master it.

I liked this season. Heard Myron is shooting a new show called Smoke. I look forward to seeing it. I think the documentary on his family would be also good to watch.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ALL reality shows depend on FAKE drama. If you think Myron is really like he acts on this show, you DON'T know Myron. If you continue to insist it is real, YOU are the one displaying fake drama.

I'd like to attend Myron's cook class but I can't justify spending that much money. Plus the and ticket.
How much does it cost Anyhow?

Yes. I agree, they probably have it scripted. I would love to see a good BBQ show that was really 110% on the mark. Not only show the success but the failures as well. I am sure he does not win every contest he competes in. But I sure would like to be able to do the BBQ, like he does. I am sure it it good. I know it sure does look good.

Mo_Smoker
Mike

ALL reality shows depend on FAKE drama. If you think Myron is really like he acts on this show, you DON'T know Myron. If you continue to insist it is real, YOU are the one displaying fake drama.

Yep and as the market gets more saturated with reality shows the more shows consist of fake than real.

Reality shows have totally "dumbed-down" TV programming (and you thought that wasn't possible).
There is as much reality in them as there are "stock" cars in auto racing.
Problem is, as long as there is an audience to watch that crap, there are going to be more of them.
At least they get me away from the TV for a while to do something productive and enjoyable.

With TV you only see what they want you to see. Before I can make solid conclusions about liking or hating or rooting for someone I'd honestly have to meet them. That being said, and having not met any of them and only having chatting via email with one or two I do have my favorites. I'm a Geek and follow Toughie's logic process ... but I also like Myron's "get the hell outta my way" approach. Triggs old school. Never cared much for the kid from Texas or for Wood Chicks.

I do wish they'd go more back to season one format and follow the circuit and focus on getting more education on technique in.

I can't find that episode anywhere !

I really wanted to see it.

They changed the name for that one to BBQ Pitmasters Father vs Son.

I had my DVR set up for BBQ Pitmasters, and it didn't record. Thankfully I noticed it and went looking for a replay.

As noted above, the program has to be broader based than folks who like BBQ competitions. Unfortunately they have to create drama, or the show could be over in 5 minutes - Light your fires! - Cut - pulling the finished product out of the smoker.

I watch to learn how these professionals cook and to pick up a hint or two. I appreciate the fact that many or most of the contestants were not competitors on the circuit. I want to see how real food is cooked that will be served to real people - at home or in an restaurant. Competitons became as false in that regard as reality shows are to "reality". Nobody I know has massive injectors to pump in secret stuff into the meat, for example, and they don't do it that way at home. Neither do most restaurants.

I would like to hear more details on their pits, why they use that particular pit, maybe even arguments among them about the merits of different type pits, woods, etc. A discussion of the merits of various spices, rubs, etc. would also be interesting.

With that said, the competition adds drama, and the TV crew tries to get the teams to trash talk each other, but you can tell most folks are not good at it.

Clearly the program was on the verge of not being renewed, and Myron rescued it by providing the prize money, and the production has become very basic. Still I enjoyed watching it for the reasons stated above, and I hope it comes back for another season in a format similar to the last. I would like to see a cook-off of the winners of each location, maybe covering all types of meats from each region so that one region does not have an advantage.

Back