UDS Cart and KUDS

Well you know that you are going to have to make one more double!!!!!!!

Then you will have a SIX PACK.:idea::idea::idea:

Awesome job! Thanks for posting! Great idea with the bed rails....I just had a "why didn't I think of that?" moment....Rock Chalk!:clap2:

Well you know that you are going to have to make one more double!!!!!!!

Then you will have a SIX PACK.:idea::idea::idea:

Yeah, the day I need 6 UDS's running I think I will have full justification for a trailer cooker. This new "rig" is actually designed to be modular. So, it is not only for UDS's like this older cart. It will have the potential to house one or two UDS, kettles, pizza cooker, BGE, etc. all by just changing the configuration.

Awesome job! Thanks for posting! Great idea with the bed rails....I just had a "why didn't I think of that?" moment....Rock Chalk!:clap2:

Thanks. Yeah, I love using bed rails as material. Granted its painted and has holes but its workable and so cheap. I usually hit a thrift store when I need some. You can get a whole set for $10. As a comparison, on the new cart I needed some 1" angle and couldn't find any bed rail sets that had it. So I had to just grab some from Lowes. One 6' piece of 1" angle ran $13.

So the new one you made using just bed frame and casters? I'm loving it! How much is invested so far?

The new one is being made out of bed rails mostly. I also scavenged some square tube steel, other metal, and the brick paneling from some store fixtures (seen below) that were being trashed. Total out of pocket so far is $26 for the two 6' sections of 1" angle I had to get from Lowe's and I guess $4-$5 for cutting discs from Harbor Freight. If this farking heat would let up a bit I could get it cleaned up and painted. Then I would have to come up with a new project codename. Current codename: Cookers and the cart of many colors :mrgreen:

Edit: I guess I did pick up a set of rails from Goodwill the other day for like $11 so that brings the total to a whopping $42

IMAG0225.jpg

Nice cart , I did the same thing with the same cart for my wolf chargriller to make it portable.

Back