Stuffed Peppers

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The wife had bought what was needed for stuffed peppers so I left a little early yesterday to make em. I had a little more of the meat mixture than the peppers would hold so I added more corn, and rice and poured a cup or two of V8 Juice over it. It turned out more like a sauce to put on the plate with the peppers.

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

Be real careful when and if you smoke ground meat it sucks up smoke real good. Sometimes to much. I know!

They look great. I never have done them in a pan of water before. I usually take the remaining mix add some tomato juice or water with some salsa mixed, in set the peppers in and bake. Serve it up with mashed pot and corn on the side with some of the sauce on the spuds and peppers. Definitely would like to try smoking them, I think even my wife would like it. Now I am thinking ABTs with the stuffing mix for me.
Dave

P.S. I forgot to add I parboil the empty pepper shells before adding the mix.

Looks great. Thinkin maybe a coupe slices of grilled pineapple on that plate and your in bidness.

Beers!
Chris

Looks great. Thinkin maybe a coupe slices of grilled pineapple on that plate and your in bidness.

Beers!
Chris

Thanks Chris! Your probably right on about the pineyapple. I got to watch Dr BBQ grill up some to serve along with some smoked bolo a couple years ago and sampled it for him too. It was GRrreaaat. BTW, congrats on the 08 finishes in the AR and Jack.

That sure looks good. I'm after a few details. What did you cook them on and if in a smoker how did you brown the tops?

That sure looks good. I'm after a few details. What did you cook them on and if in a smoker how did you brown the tops?

They were cooked on a Primo Jr and the tops browned cuz it was cooking indirect with the casserole up high in the cooker. They cooked for about 1 hr and 15 or 20 min at 350. Internal was 165. No smokin wood. Any ol stuffed pepper recipe, the one I used called for diced fresh or canned maters and I had fresh grape ones but cut the amount by 1/2 and included that much whole kernel corn. I've done them without the pre cooking the peppers before and they didn't turn out quite as good that way.

MMmmmm, I'd like to have that big one on the far right, with the char top:biggrin:

It is a good thing you didn't invite me.... there would be a fight as to who would get the most....

I love stuffed bell peppers.... and now my mouth is drooling all over this slimey keyboard....

BTW, looks great. Now, did you eat one for me???? :p

I absolutely love stuffed peppers. It is the first meal that my bride of 30+ years ever cooked for me and still one of my favorite meals. Even better is the fact that the recipe was her mothers. Do you put any cheese on top?

Good lookin' eats right there! I haven't had any stuffed peppers in a long time - too long :sad:.

Back