Mesquite Grilled Costco Prime Tri-Tip

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Jackie was not feeling well Yesterday so I decided to cook all of the dinner Jackie did help with cheese sauce she is a much better cook than I am.

Seasoned with Olive Oil, Raising the Steaks, and Holly Smoking Chipotle Rub and put back in the Fridge in a Zip lock bag

In the meantime I made the Cheese Sauce, baked the potatoes an stuffed them

Seared on both sides @500* for 8-min.

On the raised grid pulled @132* interior, rested for 10-min. and carved

Served with twice baked potato and cauliflower with cheese sauce
You can't beat the flavor and tenderness of a Prime peace meat

Thanks for looking

Ross

Beautiful Ross! Nice looking cook. Does Costco "machine tenderize" their Prime tri-tips as well? I hate looking at their tri's and seeing the puncture marks and the warning to cook till 160 IT. They are the ones pushing the bacteria into the meat and they want to cover their butts.
Sorry, rant :)

Marty, rule of thumb at our Costco is that if it is on a styrofoam tray, it has been needled. The cyrovac packages are not.

NUTZ

Beautiful Ross! Nice looking cook. Does Costco "machine tenderize" their Prime tri-tips as well? I hate looking at their tri's and seeing the puncture marks and the warning to cook till 160 IT. They are the ones pushing the bacteria into the meat and they want to cover their butts.
Sorry, rant :)
The ones I get Costco are not machine tenderized Marty!

Ross

Everything looks and sounds delicious Ross! I hope Jackie is feeling better soon!

Back