Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

I love this!!!
I am equally jealous and happy for you,
But I gotta ask, maybe I missed it
Where's the pit!?!!
Show me what the Q is coming off of
I have seen your kitchen and it seems the perfect space!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
How are you going to do the water set up? If I remember correctly you said earlier that you had to be self contained for water and waste water. I'm guessing the tanks have to be inside so they don't freeze?

• Thanks
How are you going to do the water set up? If I remember correctly you said earlier that you had to be self contained for water and waste water. I'm guessing the tanks have to be inside so they don't freeze?

Got two tanks on order the grey water is 101 gals the fresh 85gal. Then an on demand pump. Then will have 2 more tanks in bed of pickup same basic setup. so I top of fresh water and empty grey every night. Not the easiest but no city water and sewer.

Got two tanks on order the grey water is 101 gals the fresh 85gal. Then an on demand pump. Then will have 2 more tanks in bed of pickup same basic setup. so I top of fresh water and empty grey every night. Not the easiest but no city water and sewer.

So the tanks have to be in the heated area?

I love this!!!
I am equally jealous and happy for you,
But I gotta ask, maybe I missed it
Where's the pit!?!!
Show me what the Q is coming off of
I have seen your kitchen and it seems the perfect space!!

Going to start with a fleet of UDS I have 3 and will build another one if needed. I also working on getting either a Pitmaker Vault or have Rockin W (user on the forums) make me a cabinet smoker

So the tanks have to be in the heated area?

Yes there be inside the building with insulation on the wall side and floor just to make sure they don't freeze in the winter I had to with Pelland Enterprise and find tanks that would work with the space I have.

4152 miles and two days 23 hours drive time from Beaumont Texas to North Pole Alaska. Do you plan on doing mail order? Good luck.

3,593 mi, 64 hours for me.
Although it looks like a pretty straight line from STL to there. :clap2:

4,116 mi, 71 hours to you from here in PA. Thinkin' you might have to start the spritzin' without me, Clint. Might take me a while to get there. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Going to start with a fleet of UDS I have 3 and will build another one if needed. I also working on getting either a Pitmaker Vault or have Rockin W (user on the forums) make me a cabinet smoker

Yes there be inside the building with insulation on the wall side and floor just to make sure they don't freeze in the winter I had to with Pelland Enterprise and find tanks that would work with the space I have.

Will freezing also be an issue for the freshwater refill tank in your pickup or will you fill it later in the day so freezing won't be an issue? I'm assuming that sooner or later you must a few months of weather with non freezing temps! Any idea on when you will be opening?

• Thanks
Will freezing also be an issue for the freshwater refill tank in your pickup or will you fill it later in the day so freezing won't be an issue? I'm assuming that sooner or later you must a few months of weather with non freezing temps! Any idea on when you will be opening?

freezing is a huge concern, and yea were just now getting out of freezing weather lol. the tanks are easy to move around empty there about 70lbs. So if I need I can pull them out... But truck will be in the garage most of the time. We have a lot of coffee huts and there all self contained, I'm just expanding on there idea.

But your right the truck tanks won't have water in them very long.. just long enough to put freshin take grey out. Then dump grey. so ~1hr of water in pickup tanks

pwa

Heeeyy!! This is awesome man! Congrats! Looking real good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. :thumb:

Cheers

• Thanks
Any updates? When do you think you will open?

Past week or so been doing the behind the scene's stuff... insurance, securing charcoal and wood supplies, propane agreements ect...ect... my garage is full of supplies that our going in to the shack this weekend... so look for major pic updates when I get it all installed. The mound of paper work that has to be done is amazing! O and June 1st is my planed opening date

pwa

A bit behind on seeing this thread but good luck on your new venture! Maybe one day I can open a little place like that serving people good food.

I saw on your April 1st post you were trying to find a cost effective beans recipe. Ever though about using the pork butts you smoke that are leftover from the previous day to make your beans? Chopped into cubes and chunked in there to simmer with them? Great way to repurpose unsold meat and add a lot of flavor to them baked beans. But your Q is probably so good that there ain't gonna be no leftovers!

• Thanks
I don't think that screen door will stop bears or moose from getting into your bbq!

• Thanks
Ever though about using the pork butts you smoke that are leftover from the previous day to make your beans? Chopped into cubes and chunked in there to simmer with them? Great way to repurpose unsold meat and add a lot of flavor to them baked beans. But your Q is probably so good that there ain't gonna be no leftovers!

I'm hoping to be a sold out.... but yes thats exactly what I had planed, as you said great to re-purpose the leftovers

I don't think that screen door will stop bears or moose from getting into your bbq!

It more for the 2 legged critters they more scary then the 4 legged ones :-o:biggrin1:

It's a trap.

The bears go for the Q, then the bears BECOME the Q! Bwahahahahahahahaha

Shuuuuuuush Don't let my secret plan out or everyone will be doing it :crazy:

Back