Went to Fogo, Geno's East and Heaven on Seven

anamosity

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Was on vacation for 2 weeks and happened to be in Chicago for part of that time. Had dinner at Fogo de Chao. What a great place to get filled from steak.
Lunch at Gino's east. Chicago deep dish pizza, yummy.
The next night we went to Heaven on Seven for some Cajun food. Wow is all that can be said. Had the Bayou Platter. Couldn't eat it all, but man it was fantastic.

went to Heaven on Seven for some Cajun food. Wow is all that can be said. Had the Bayou Platter. Couldn't eat it all, but man it was fantastic.
I worked for a company who had a sales rep in Chicago. He would bring me half gallons of the Gumbo from there. AWESOME!

I've eaten at them all. All are great.
But Heaven on Seven is wow.
The "feed Me Jimmy" menu item is great. As unknown 5 or 7 course meal that Jimmy the owner choses.

I've been to a few Brazilian steak houses here in L.A. I usually pay around $30 for dinner or $18-$20 for lunch. Fogo jumps up to $56 for dinner. A bit pricy considering its the same style food I can get for a few $ less. The one I've liked the best is Gauchos Village
I'm sure Fogo is outstanding though!

Mmmmm. Geno's east. If I ever get a last request for dinner it will include Geno's east pizza.

I've been to all 3 considering I work downtown. Fogo is better than Brassaz and it's where my ex co-workers meet up for dinner every so often. The price is definitely worth it. I've only been to Heaven once but I'm a cajun/creole snob since I make regular trips down to NOLA to visit my Dad. Geno's is probably the most well known pizza outside of Chicago and it is good and very filling. Giordanos and Lou Malnatti's are just as good if not better. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and had fun downtown. There's a lot to do, see and eat here. Cheers.

Also ate dinner at Portillo's one evening.
The Italian Beef sandwich with pickled jalpenos was excellent as was the pasta dish we had.

If you like Brazilian steak like Fogo/Brazzaz, try Tango Sur on the north side. It's kind of the Argentinian cousin. No red light / green light, but they serve you a variety of cuts of meat on a sizzling hot plate. The blood sausage is incredible, as well as the appetizer chinchulini. You really get a lot of meat essence out of that place.

T

Back