View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
Sounds like you will have it braced. It looked like from the inital pictures that the tank was just going to be sitting on the two pieces of 2x4 piping and I assumed it would be welded. Would have been concerned that with the weight of the tank it might just twist it's self off there. With the firebox at the back it should be fine I would think.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think it'll be moving anytime soon. The fb, back support from the storage, and the resting supports will be more than enough. It's going to be welded and bolted in a few places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
I picked up my rims at a swap meet but craigs list and ebay are always nice. If your state requires brakes you might want to check. You may need at least brakes on one axle. MN requires brakes on all trailers that are rated at 3500lbs or more. Nothing like getting pulled over by the state troopers and having them right you for equipment violations. I picked mine up at northerntool online in the clearance section since they are in the process of switching suppliers. Was cheaper than doing electric drum brakes including the hose kit and master cylinder.
I try to check CL as often as possible. Swap meets should start picking up in a month or two. I may check NT online and see what I can find. I'll also check my state regulations out of curiousity. It'd be good to know! Thanks again.
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote