Maverick ET-732

B

bluenote07

I purchased one of these a few months ago. I have used it numerous times with great results and no complaints. Fired up my WSM today, got temps stabilized and put my ribs on. About a half hour later I noticed my temps rising. Closed the vents a little. Kept rising. Closed a little more. You get the picture. Eventually with my vents almost completely closed it went up to 310 degress.:confused: So I quickly ran to Target and spent $5 on an oven thermometer. Now it sits next to the ribs reading 250 degrees while the probe underneath is up to 324 degrees. Guess the probe is shot.:sad:

PM 5-0 BBQ I think he reps for Maverick. he might be able to help get you a replacement probe??? 5-0 hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here throwing your name out there. I own a dual probe Maverick too and love it.

I have a couple of Mav's too. Used one of them last weekend and the probe was reading pretty much exactly 20 degrees higher than actual (meat temp).:confused:

I ordered a Mav ET-7, the wireless remote thermo with two probes. Hoping for good things, the farkin replacement probes ain't cheap.

Contact them, they replaced a probe that went bad on me at no cost.

Back