View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #37
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Stumbled down this road once

I don’t want to beat this one to death but I think this is very relevant! This was the first chance I have had to put this up.

Prior to my Smokin’ Cracker BBQ Team I was involved with cooking some FBA contests with another team that was sponsored by a men’s club/organization similar to the Brethren. The club is called The Good Ole Boys Supper Club in Sebring, Florida with approx 100 members. The competition cooking team consists of about 4-5 guys and we cooked at only a few FBA events in our surrounding areas as they still do. One of the members of the organization Jon Doe and his wife are certified KCBS & FBA judges. At one of the events we were competing at Jon Doe and his wife were scheduled to judge the event. Upon arriving at the contest mid morning on Saturday my friend Jon Doe & wife stopped by for a quick visit and was very careful not to loiter. During his brief visit the FBA rep visited us and she asked my friend not to judge the contest due to the fact he was wearing a Good ole Boys hat similar to the ones we were wearing and the perception was not good, as questions had arisen by others competing. His wife was permitted to judge. This man was not part of the competition cooking team but just a member of the club. Real Life Experience

Even after that experience. It never crossed my mind that Phil was in our camps or how others may have perceived his presence.
I think the Prime Rib juice blinded me.

Chew on that Farkers
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote