Took Big Butz, Simply Marvelous, & Plowboys to work

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We had two birthdays in the office today so I injected and cooked up a couple butts (just over 15 lbs total) last night/this morning.

Butt#1 pulled with a little more of SM Cherry & Yardbird rubs and a little of Big Butz Original sauce:
DSCN4281.jpg

Butt#2
- after plucking the bone out:
DSCN4282.jpg

- a little rub & sauce applied:
DSCN4283.jpg

DSCN4284.jpg

Pics aren't up to my normal standard as I only had my ancient point & shoot with me. I'm ready for an upgrade.

The pulled pork was well received by the office!:-D

Oh hey, it's my birthday, when will my brisket be arriving? :becky:

Nice sharing John, looking good

Wow never had a fellow employee do that for me, all we get is a hard time getting older at work and maybe a slice of pizza if we are lucky. That is some good looking pork btw.

Great looking PP, I bet the office will want you to cook more often for them after that! :clap2:

Wow never had a fellow employee do that for me, all we get is a hard time getting older at work and maybe a slice of pizza if we are lucky. That is some good looking pork btw.

I don't cook for every birthday at work but I definitely cook for my own team (as it was today). My floor at work is pretty fanatical about birthday potlucks and it seems like we average a birthday every week.

Great looking PP, I bet the office will want you to cook more often for them after that! :clap2:
They've actually been hounding me for a while. Its getting hard to come up with different things. Realistically, I really shouldn't worry about changing up what I bring as they seem happy just to get a dish with hot meat. The harder part for me is figuring out what to cook that allows me to get some decent sleep.

Good on the sharing John. I'm sure they always appreciate your cooking!
No matter what it is. :)

Looks Simply Marvelous, John!

DITTO'S from me to! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH by the way mine is on the 30th, do you need directions?:becky:

A fine lookin mess of butt there and I ran out of SM Cherry and so to be fair we must try them all and this weekend Plowboys will be on the menu. I will be posting prons on Monday! Ya all have a great weekend!:thumb:

Looks Simply Marvelous, John!

Thanks Steph for getting the rub out to me last week. I needed it for this cook!

DITTO'S from me to! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH by the way mine is on the 30th, do you need directions?:becky:

A fine lookin mess of butt there and I ran out of SM Cherry and so to be fair we must try them all and this weekend Plowboys will be on the menu. I will be posting prons on Monday! Ya all have a great weekend!:thumb:

Directions and a plane ticket! :-o Looking forward to seeing the pron!

It's fun taking your hobby/passion to work. Last Mnday I brought in about 6 lbs of the PP I did in my Baby Bullet Mini-WSM. No special occasion, just wanted to share the good stuff. I brought small soft dinner rolls, three different homemade sauces (Sweet, Mustard/Vinegar, and Stupid Hot) and about half a gallon of coleslaw. It went great, but now they're wanting to know what I'm bringing NEXT Monday!!

Looks wonderful John! Any openings at your office? lol :becky:

Back