Brisket catered

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I have someone wanting brisket for 60 people. I know how much I need and what I will be charging, but my question is do most of you just serve sauce on the side or au jus? Typically I do chicken or rib gigs. This is my first with brisket. Thanks for the answers I know are coming!

I always ask the customer what they prefer...sauced or on the side. :p If they leave it up to me I sauce it...brisket can dry out fairly quickly in a chaffing dish.

When I serve brisket I usually have a carving station set up for just the problem that JD describes. If it is drop off service, I spritz with beef broth to help fight oxidation in the pan.

When I serve brisket I have it sliced and pulled in the pan with all the au jois. I have sauce on the side most people dont sauce it but I have it there just in case

spritzing with beef broth sounds like a good idea if having it whole and slicing to serve (like prime rib) is not an option

I have someone wanting brisket for 60 people. I know how much I need and what I will be charging, but my question is do most of you just serve sauce on the side or au jus? Typically I do chicken or rib gigs. This is my first with brisket. Thanks for the answers I know are coming!
I serve heated sauce on the side and slice as needed.

Back