Got a birthday WSM

Wayne

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got some money for Christmas and my birthday and used it to buy a Weber Smokie Mountain cooker. I already have a Bandera but since I retired and all the kids are gone I needed something that was smaller and did not take half a rik of wood to in a cook off. The WSM is also portable so I can use it at either my cabin or my daughters cabin. I have a couple of butts that I can use to break it in. Is there anything more fun than a new cooker?

Any hints or suggestions are welcome. :clap2:

Love my 22.5. My GF says before long I won't be able to wash the smell of smoke off of my body. But she loves the ribs!!

Congrats on the new WSM. Did you get the 22.5 or the 18.5? Either one you're going to love.

Congrats on the new rig!

My wife got me mine for xmas a few years ago, best gift evar!
wsm_zps5f32da8f.gif

Congrats on the new WSM and good luck with it!

Sent from my Android phone.

Any hints or suggestions are welcome.
Congratulations Wayne!

Well, how ,bout these?

1. Start the WSM Minion Method.
2. Catch the temps on the way up, shut the bottom vents down about 30 to 50 degrees from target temp.
3. Top vent always open.
4. Always foil your water pan.
5. Have something planned for the day, because you won't be tending your cooker.

Congratulations Wayne!

Well, how ,bout these?

2. Catch the temps on the way up, shut the bottom vents down about 30 to 50 degrees from target temp.
3. Top vent always open.
5. Have something planned for the day, because you won't be tending your cooker.

yep...that just about covers it. Enjoy!

Happy belated b-day Wayne!

Clark covered everything i've got about WSMs.

i also went from Bandera to WSM & really liked the fuel savings. Enjoy!

Congratulations Wayne!

Well, how ,bout these?

3. Top vent always open.
+1 on this. I love my WSM. Best cooker out there. I think I just need to get a 22.5" though ;)

Back