Stream BBQ events

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Mod, move if needed.

For those who want to do streaming on your smartphone, check out ustream. They now have an app for the iPhone so you can stream live via 3g or wifi to the web.

Rod,

Help me out - what events could I watch? Or is this more about filming and airing streaming video. Completely ignorant here.

Rod,

Help me out - what events could I watch? Or is this more about filming and airing streaming video. Completely ignorant here.
I guess it's more about being able to stream from a smartphone anywhere you have 3g or wifi. You create the stream and it's all free. So if I wanted to stream awards at a contest I could (except AT&T really sucks at 3g coverage in Iowa). Then you can put up a link where people could watch.

Sounds good. As we rarely do much walking we could be the official "streamers" :)

Dang it! Now I'll need to get a different iPhone... mine doesn't support video! :lol: Cool ideas though. I've been thinking about ways to stream our awards at Pleasant Hill next April since I saw it being done at The Jack. Obviously fewer people would care but still - a fun concept that could catch on. :wink:

EDIT - Just looked at the list of phones at the site Mr. Bo posted and the iPhone 3G is listed, along with the 3GS. I would assume my 3G (which can't do video) would not be able to stream it either. Must do more investigation into this!

Dang it! Now I'll need to get a different iPhone... mine doesn't support video! :lol: Cool ideas though. I've been thinking about ways to stream our awards at Pleasant Hill next April since I saw it being done at The Jack. Obviously fewer people would care but still - a fun concept that could catch on. :wink:

EDIT - Just looked at the list of phones at the site Mr. Bo posted and the iPhone 3G is listed, along with the 3GS. I would assume my 3G (which can't do video) would not be able to stream it either. Must do more investigation into this!

3g or 3gs on the iPhone. Mine is only 3g and my test video worked fine. If you don't have service it will record and you can upload later. So really you got a video recorder now as well.

Back