Bandera named "Destiny"

gvjt180

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Just got me a used Bandera for $75 and I am very pleased. Been looking for a couple of weeks on Craigslist. Been trying searches under "BBQ Pits" and "BBQ Smokers" nothing reasonable popped up. Most of these sellers wanting to sell their used smokers for the same price they paid for it.

Until it happen, I did a search under "New Braunsfel" and I'll be darn if the skies didn't open up and the sun beamed down on me with a beautiful result. "New Braunsfel $100" with a pic. Opened that baby up and there she was sitting by her lonesome next to a trailer home. Called the phone number on the listing and a nice man named Darrel answered. I asked if he still had that smoker sitting there. He said "why I sure do, it has been sitting there for a while now. Only used it a few times. I don't have much patience. I am selling it because i figure someone could put it to use, instead of it rusting up." I said why sir I am your man, would you take $75 for it. He said "why sure that is not a problem".

So the next morning I drove out to pick up my "Destiny". Cleaned it up that morning and starting smoking that night.

You see I just felt like it was destiny that I found that smoker for that reasonable price. Because what Darrel said to me over the phone was exactly what I was thinking and my patience paid off. That someone out there had a smoker that they weren't using and needed to find a new owner. So her name is "Destiny"

Stayed up late the first night smoking and rained the next day on it. So I haven't been to good of a owner to it yet. But I am going to start. Let's fix her up.

Now it is time to mod it. This site has helped alot and I plan on visiting frequently for advice I hope to get some good input from you Q'ers out there.

I am attaching some pics any advice will be helpful.

IMG00237-20091027-1811.jpg

IMG00241-20091027-1812.jpg

IMG00243-20091027-1813.jpg

Thanks,

Cashulty

Nice find! Little wire brush to the rust and a touch up with some high temp paint and it'll look brand new. I'd definitely take it for $75, have fun with it

Score :!::!:
Great story and thanx for sharing it with us. Enjoy Q'ing on destiny.....

Back