Thread: Reheating?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Reheating?

What is your best way to reheat ribs. I farked up some damn good spare ribs last night on the reheat. Took the ribs I smoked on Saturday over to my parents for dinner yesterday. Brought them over in a pan with sauce covered tightly with foil. Told my mother to just pop them in the oven at 200* at 5:00 and we would be over arount six to eat. Usually I will poke a couple of holes in the foil but I forgot to this time. Mom didn't think one hour would be long enough so she put them in at 4:00 instead. When I took them out of the oven and lifted off the foil, steam came rolling out of the pan. The smoke flavor had practically been steamed out of the ribs, the bark was gone, and the texture was like rubber, FARK! I'll never do that again. Luckily I still have another rack left from that smoke in the fridge.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote