(Pinto) Beans

Kevin said:
Been practicing cooking dried beans almost every weekend for a couple of months now.

That explains the dark clouds over Southern Minnesota,,, :eek: :eek: :roll:

You should all know by now that the baking powder/soda is supposed to remove the flatulance factor from the bean.

bbqjoe said:
You should all know by now that the baking powder/soda is supposed to remove the flatulance factor from the bean.

Then what is the point ?

Just got done deboning 20 pounds of pork sirloin end roasts to make sausage. I'm looking at these bones and thinking about brining overnight, smoking tomorrow and using them for a bean stock. Does anyone think this will work?

Kevin said:
Just got done deboning 20 pounds of pork sirloin end roasts to make sausage. I'm looking at these bones and thinking about brining overnight, smoking tomorrow and using them for a bean stock. Does anyone think this will work?

Dang skippy !!! :biggrin:
I'm not sure about brinning the bones (never done it) but, can't hurt....but I smoke bones all the time...I like to take ham bones after devouring the ham and put 'em on the smoker for just such occasions!!! Beans and smoked bones are made for each other:biggrin:

What are pinto beans?
Probably in italy has a different name...
Does anybody has a pictures of that dried beans?
Thanks!

serial344,
here are some pics of the beans we are doing today. some dry, the package, and then ones that have been soaked in beer over night.

Attachments

• 100_1124.jpg
    100_1124.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1126.jpg
    100_1126.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1123.jpg
    100_1123.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 74
Serial344 said:
What are pinto beans?
Probably in italy has a different name...
Does anybody has a pictures of that dried beans?
Thanks!

I can see my Italian brother, that you need to spend some time in TEXAS!!:wink:

Back