Ash's BBQ Library now Open!

I got one yesterday as well! Thanks, Marty!

I have had some time to check it out. There are tips for beginners like fire methods, meat selections, and recipes that range from the beginner to advanced. I need to copy some of the recipes and will be ready to pass it on!

Wyatt! Make sure you read real slow your bedtime part of the book to your dad! Lo n slow........ :heh:

I see this is going well. Wife outta town this week. Watch for more to post.

Ashmont, I have finished to book and today I mailed it off to Cowgirl. I wrote my name on the inside cover like you ask and I also wrote the page number of a recipe I tried. Thank you for the pleasure of checking out this book. If you have any more I would like to review them as well. Thanks again:clap2:

Attachments

• PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 210
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 210
See Its getting better! So what was the recipe on that page and how was it? Thankyou! Was the book informative?xsplain? hehehehe

See Its getting better! So what was the recipe on that page and how was it? Thankyou! Was the book informative?xsplain? hehehehe

Like you said there was a lot of information in the front part of the book. The section on wood was very good. We had some friends over so I made the Bacon and Chicken Bites in Sweet-Hot mustard. I think the orange marmalade made the sauce. I've used orange marmalade in one of my coconut shrimp recipes and everyone really likes it. Cowgirl said she would let me know when she gets the book. Thanks again and keep em coming.:-D

Rock on!!!!!!!!!!! Thats kewl......

or is that

......lwek stahT !!!!!!!!!!!!!no kcoR

Have a great day!!!!!!

Smartarse!!!

OK, I'm going to go home and dig out a book (but they are SOOOOO precious to me!!!) to throw in here. Great idea Ash. I'll get back.

Smartarse!!!

OK, I'm going to go home and dig out a book (but they are SOOOOO precious to me!!!) to throw in here. Great idea Ash. I'll get back.

I double dog dare you! With extra peppers too!

Back to abnormal! I like how this is coming along..... Make sure and sign the books people (See above) keepem rolling...

Time to start moving the library books checked out to new owners!!!

Great idea Ash!

Something that might be helpful for others posting their books and those looking for books - post an Amazon link - they have a feature for most books that shows a few pages of the book...

I have a couple that I learned quite a bit from and am willing to share!

Here they are:
BBQ/Smoking: http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Love-Ba...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283270933&sr=1-1

Grilling:
My favorite - great recipes for brines, marinades, mops, rubs of all sorts... and my favorite, grilled stuffed french toast!! :clap2: http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Grill-Owners-Outdoor-Cooking/dp/0811849643#_

and

http://www.amazon.com/Webers-Charco...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283270839&sr=1-1

Plank Grilling:
http://www.amazon.com/Plank-Grillin...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283271030&sr=1-1

and Ted Reader's Latest plank book - need this one back - it's signed by Teddy :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/Napoleons-Eve...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283271171&sr=1-1

Happy shopping! :-D

Ryan

Ash, I had to go out of town this weekend so I haven't really had a change to check it out until now. I agree that the front of the book has a lot of interesting infomation but I also enjoy reading the recipes and trying to gleen a little insight into different flavors. After I finish reading this book it will be mailed to Cowgirl for her inspection. Thanks again, this is a great idea and I hope you have some more books to be reviewed.

Thank you Babyboomerboy! I have the book now... will check it out and send it on. :-D

Ash...thanks for doing this. :cool:

Thank you Babyboomerboy! I have the book now... will check it out and send it on. :-D

Ash...thanks for doing this. :cool:

Oh now you gone and done it! Sent to Cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am waiting.......:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2:

Update: Mastering the Grill will be going out to Smiter Q tomorrow!
Other 3 books from my collection are still available.
Operators are standing by... :wink:

Note: the books I am loaning out ARE ones that I would like to have back at some point! They are welcome to stay in the pool to be passed around, but when I ask for any one of them back, I expect a "YES SUH!!!" :heh:

OK, I'm ready to pass along the "Big Book of BBQ". I did page 49 (Championship Pork Butt with a rub and injection), 170 (Cider Vinegar BBQ Sauce) and 85 (Smoky Pecans). My family LOVED it all!

Ashmont- you da man- thank you for starting the Library! :thumb:

Brethren- Send me a PM and it will come in the mail to you right away!!!

I come in possession of BBQ books alot these days. I willing to share as they come.

Here will be the first book! The rules are as follows:

I will send any Ash's library book free of charge! (Oh I dont want it back unless specified)

Review then post it back here as avail! (It is up to the poster if they want to charge snail mail to the next person)

Only keep it two weeks! Then post its availability...

Here we go and this is a great beginners book!

BBB.jpg

bbb2.jpg

I am ready to pass the Big Book of BBQ along to anyone who would like to check it out. Thank you Ash for sharing your book.. It's a pretty good one!
Thanks Babyboomer boy for sending it to me. :-D

If anyone is interested in looking at the book... let me know! I'll mail it to you. :thumb:

I am glad it working! Gotta big cook this weekend so I hope to add more book(s) next week. So any takers Grab and CG? Dont forget to sign the book on the inside cover.... There are three of these floating around I know TxSchutte has one but I will give him a hall pass because he is moving and Wyatt has to read it slooooooooow to him.:crazy:

Ash-

The book is still available and I'm gonna keep trying recipes until I get a request.

Gonna let my wife pick one this time. :becky:

Top for the "Big Book of BBQ"!!!

C'MON BRETHREN, HIT ME UP!!!

Back