A BPS "Money" Brisket

I can't think of a better way to start the day than looking at your cook thread and TQ's new build thread. Thanks for sharing & your thoughts on Money, probably going to need to try some.

I started using Money about 4 briskets ago. I tried it the first time for a brisket I did for a guy at my work.

He kept raving about the taste of the spices, as he called it

So on the next one for my family, I used it instead of my usual S&P

now its my go to rub for brisket.

Looks like a great cook - you never disapoint Cowgirl.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for those bean???? ..... pretty please?

Thanks everybody! :cool: :grin:

Looks great! It's making me hungry. I noticed the Cowgirl grate, did you have it custom made?

Bob thanks! Brethren Matt from Meyer Metal Works made the grate...
http://www.meyermetalworks.com/BBQ_STUFF.php
more pics.. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2012/05/meyer-metal-works-and-my-new-uds-custom.html

He does excellent work! The grate is heavy duty too. :grin:

very nice brisket Jeanie. love the beans also.

Good to see ya Sparky, Thanks!

Looks great. We are big fans of BPS Money Rub here. I could eat the stuff right out of the bottle for a snack.

I think I could too! lol Thanks! :mrgreen:

BPS Money rub is awesome, it is my favorite to use on pork ribs. Also try the BPS Double Secret Steak rub in your hamburgers, it is heavenly.
I love the Double Secret Steak Rub too. :mrgreen: Thanks about the pork rib idea, I will give it a try!

Looks great as always, Jeanie!

I have a container of, "Money" Rub and a container of Butcher BBQ rub. Going to try them both on a couple of butts this weekend!

One of these days, I'll get one of those smart phone thingies or a camera and will finally prove that I do actually cook!:laugh:
Pat I believe ya, you don't need pics to convince me that your a great cook. :thumb:

I can't think of a better way to start the day than looking at your cook thread and TQ's new build thread. Thanks for sharing & your thoughts on Money, probably going to need to try some.

Dave thank you! You are a kind friend. :cool:

I started using Money about 4 briskets ago. I tried it the first time for a brisket I did for a guy at my work.

He kept raving about the taste of the spices, as he called it

So on the next one for my family, I used it instead of my usual S&P

now its my go to rub for brisket.

Great ButtBurner! I am a S&P brisket woman, but this stuff was so good, I'm sure I will be using it on the next one too. Thanks! :grin:

Looks like a great cook - you never disapoint Cowgirl.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for those bean???? ..... pretty please?

John thank you!
I brown bacon in a skillet, remove and add minced onions to the drippings, minced garlic, green chilies (fresh or canned), about 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (optional), added cooked pintos, seasoned with salt and pepper. Also sometimes I add cayenne or red pepper flakes if the chilies aren't hot enough.
I like to heat them in the smoker, they take on the smoke fairly well.
Thanks again!

I think its time to run to sams and pick up a brisket cause now I have the craving for one.

Good luck with it NorthernMN, hope you take pics! :thumb:

Thanks again everyone!

Obviously you haven't lost your touch.:grin:

Is it a savory or sweet or a combo rub?

Thanks Guerry! :grin:

The rub has a sweetness to it but not overly so. I just took another taste of it for you... hmmm.. it has some heat too.
I guess I'd call it a combo rub. :mrgreen:

That looks awesome. The beans sound great too. Going to have to try those on my next cook. The one after tonight.

Loving that Jeanie! :clap2:

I've used the Money Rub and Happy Ending on pork and chix - many times in fact - seems to be getting into the "go to" category - looks like I gotta give it a shot on beef as well.

That looks awesome. The beans sound great too. Going to have to try those on my next cook. The one after tonight.
Thanks kaosfury.. Hope you take pics! :mrgreen:

Loving that Jeanie! :clap2:

I've used the Money Rub and Happy Ending on pork and chix - many times in fact - seems to be getting into the "go to" category - looks like I gotta give it a shot on beef as well.

I'm late to the party Greg. :grin: Just now trying this stuff.
I'll give it a go on some pork and chix next, thanks!! (you've always given me the best ideas and haven't led me astray yet) :mrgreen:

Good to see ya! :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That looks Great I tried to get a Brisket from myu butcher last weekend but they were too small Great looking plate :hungry:

Bob thanks! Brethren Matt from Meyer Metal Works made the grate...
http://www.meyermetalworks.com/BBQ_STUFF.php
more pics.. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2012/05/meyer-metal-works-and-my-new-uds-custom.html

He does excellent work! The grate is heavy duty too. :grin:

I really like your custom grate. It adds a unique touch and it is functional too. Thanks for the links and thanks for the great contributions you make to this forum. And your blog rocks too. :biggrin1:

Back