• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Chicken on the Hasty Bake

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to call this chicken recipe. It belongs to talented smoking friend Rueben in Guam. If you get the time, check out his blogs. :)
http://bbqguam.blogspot.com/

I used Rueben's marinade.. soaked the boneless skinless chicken thighs ovenight.
soy, onions, ginger, garlic, vinegar...
Rueben's marinade recipe.. http://guamfirehousecook.blogspot.com/2011/04/guams-bbq-marinade-for-beef-chicken-and.html

008-2-1.jpg

added a pouch of wood pellets to the grill and a dish of rice with chicken stock..

011-1-1.jpg

grilled my chicken and some asparagus with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper...

035-1-1.jpg

032-2-1.jpg

038-3-1.jpg

made fried rice with the smoked rice...

005-2-1.jpg

Rueben's chicken marinade was great!!

007-3-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
That looks good... real good! Thanks for the bbqguam blog too.

That looks amazing! Question for you Cowgirl. I notice you like to do rice the grill often. What do you do? Amounts, temp, time etc. Thanks again for the awesome presentations. :clap2:

Those can't be thighs, they are all different shapes........chicken thighs are round. Nice try. :wink::wink::becky:

Thank you Blue, his blogs are great... love his style of cooking. :)
I would also love to live on the beach over there. lol

Thank you Phu!! I'm working on getting it dirty. :becky:

Thank you Dustin and Driekje!! I appreciate it!

When you going to have us all over for one of these feasts? Your food always looks amazing!
That would be fun... bury a pig in the ground. Everyone would have to bring their own chairs and beverage. :) Thanks!

That looks amazing! Question for you Cowgirl. I notice you like to do rice the grill often. What do you do? Amounts, temp, time etc. Thanks again for the awesome presentations. :clap2:
Thank you Zwylde! I use about double the amount of chicken stock to the amount of rice... you can use instant.. it works fine. takes on the smoke really nice. I smoke it uncovered and just wait until the broth is absorbed..
then cover and remove it from the cooker. I've smoked it low 180F and I've smoked it high 350F... it doesn't seem to matter what temp you use. Just put it in with what ever else you are cooking. (hope that makes sense) :)
Thanks again!

Those can't be thighs, they are all different shapes........chicken thighs are round. Nice try. :wink::wink::becky:
hahaha.. Joe! They are not competition thighs for sure! Thanks for the laugh Joe. :wink:

Dan... Thanks friend!!

nice!

does the marinade leave the chicken tangy? or does to soy flavor donimate? next time will you marinate longer / shorter or about the same?

nice!

does the marinade leave the chicken tangy? or does to soy flavor donimate? next time will you marinate longer / shorter or about the same?

Thank you orangeblood! They did have a bit of a twang. Rueben said this is the basic recipe and that you can add sugar if you like. I wanted to try it straight the first time and next time I will add a bit of brown sugar to the mix.
It was tasty stuff.
I will probably do the same and marinade overnight.
This marinade works for beef and pork too.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Thanks again. :-D

SWSW, BASTMF, & IAFOM, now that is one fine looking meal... love grilled asparagus and chicken thighs.... mmmmmmmmmm.......MMMMMMMMMMMMM :-D

Thanx for the blog spot and the marinade recipe...... :thumb:

Nicely Done Jeannie, Very Nicely Done :-D

Your haste bake looks brand new......wished I could keep my cookers that clean....Good Job on the chicken...

Back